Dish Network vs. DirecTV vs. Free-to-Air in Canada, Ontario

adi_e_k

Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
Just moved to a home and have DirecTV on the house. I do not have cable nor TV right now, but would like to have it soon.

I am new to this, and want to know how would I be able to set my DirecTV dish to get channels here in Ontario, Canada. I only have the dish, no receiver. Any recommendations as to what receiver to get?

I am open to suggestions, and would also like to know whether a free-to-air option would be good. I rather not change the dish, but if I need to I will. If I change this to other, what other good option I have here in Southwestern Ontario?

If not DirecTV, Dish Network is a better choice? Or Free-to-Air?

I am new to this, so any help would do.

Thank you!

If it were me I would start with FTA satellite system and work my way back to see if its worth paying for TV, not to mention all the logistics involved. There is so much to see with a FTA motorized system with channels being added often, there are also some disappearing. Its not a TV service but many TV channels can be picked up not to mention sports and news feeds, its enough to keep me busy, I have always been a live TV nut anyway, if its not live whats the point of watching ?
You may also be able to get local channels off air depending on your area, maybe someone can add to the other part of your question.
Come over to the FTA area here at Satelliteguy.us if you have not already been there!

PSB said:
I have always been a live TV nut anyway, if its not live whats the point of watching ?

Oh. I don't know. For entertainment's sake? Whether or not it's live has no bearing on a program's entertainment value.

Of course, live coverage of breaking news, and to a lesser extent sports, is a horse of a different color.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)