DISH NETWORK vs. SONYSAT (N.J. District Court)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
St Louis, missouri

This is why I bought my Azbox from the guy in florida instead of through Juan's (sonysat's) distribution channels

From another site:
Juan Martinez was sharing 22 cards! 14 in his name and the other 8 linked to him...

This document shows Dish Network's ability to obtain the shared card numbers by "monitoring Dish Network programming accessible using Sonysat receivers..."

Dish was able to use a Sonysat receiver to figure out what cards were being shared.

D*SH NETWORK v. SONYSAT (N.J. District Court)

D*SH NETWORK L.L.C. et al v. SONYSAT LLC et al
Plaintiffs: D*SH NETWORK L.L.C. , E*HOSTAR TECHNOLOGIES L.L.C. and N*GRASTAR LLC
Defendants: SONYSAT LLC, JUAN MARTINEZ and DOES 1-10

Case Number: 2:2010cv01337
Filed: March 15, 2010

Court: New Jersey District Court
Office: Newark Office
Presiding Judge: Faith S. Hochberg
Referring Judge: Patty Shwartz

Nature of Suit: Other Statutes - Cable/Satellite TV
Cause: 28:1331 Federal Question-Injunctive & Declaratory Relief
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Lots to read for those who want to.

[ame=http://rapidshare.com/files/375909897/D-SH_NETWORK_L.L.C._v._SONYSAT.zip]RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting[/ame]

Attachments

• sonysat inj.pdf
    849.5 KB · Views: 368
Guys Dish knows everything... It wouldnt suprise me if they ran many of the IKS servers out there.

The game is over for the pirates. If they want Pay TV then they need to PAY for it.

It is these guys that give FTA a bad name as FTA is NOT illegal... but when most people think of FTA they think of Free Dish Network.

amazing indeed how they can tell who has what and if stealing or not.

amazing indeed how they can tell who has what and if stealing or not.

Apparently they bought a sonysat box and IKS, signed up and waited for PPV to be offered. They back traced it from there. His site was not shy about their offerings.

What is the current score on Charlie's receiver killing spree??? !sadroll

Is it even legal to use a legal FTA receiver that is set up illegal to catch someone doing something illegal like they did to SONYSAT??? :what

Attachments

• 846.gif
    846.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 398
I hope Charlie gets all of the IKS users and suppliers.

We have to keep to our mission of "Free To Air" is legitimate so hands off - we are on the straight and narrow.

When we start "flipping them off" we make ourselves look like hypocrites and by extension thieves.

Bob

Pay TV is one thing. Commercial tv is another. If there are no commercials to pay for broadcasting costs, then I agree that the channel is to be paid for one way or another. PBS is free because the government picks up a lot of the tab and we the people also contribute. As far as the cable people go, they run and maintain a physical link to their equipment. That is where your dollar is supposed to go. Where we got lost is allowing the "Watching Paint Dry" channel to be subsidised by ESPN for example. ESPN has commercials. So does most of what is out there. I look at it for what it is. If I go to the local pub and buy a six pack to go, must I pay the guy every time I open a can? I already paid for the entire 6 pack. Why must I pay again for something I paid for already? The commercials that I see are not paid for out of the pockets of companies. They are paid for by you and me in the prices of the products we buy. We therefore are paying twice for a product! That teamed up with the fact that our tax dollars are what allowed satellite technology to be developed in the first place, is why people like me are upset when we can't watch what we already paid for. So unless you have a physical structure that is maintained by someone, we all should be allowed to watch what we want as long as it has commercials. Or give me a price break on the products I buy so I can afford a cable or satellite bill! Have a great day!

Pay TV is one thing. Commercial tv is another. If there are no commercials to pay for broadcasting costs, then I agree that the channel is to be paid for one way or another. PBS is free because the government picks up a lot of the tab and we the people also contribute. As far as the cable people go, they run and maintain a physical link to their equipment. That is where your dollar is supposed to go. Where we got lost is allowing the "Watching Paint Dry" channel to be subsidised by ESPN for example. ESPN has commercials. So does most of what is out there. I look at it for what it is. If I go to the local pub and buy a six pack to go, must I pay the guy every time I open a can? I already paid for the entire 6 pack. Why must I pay again for something I paid for already? The commercials that I see are not paid for out of the pockets of companies. They are paid for by you and me in the prices of the products we buy. We therefore are paying twice for a product! That teamed up with the fact that our tax dollars are what allowed satellite technology to be developed in the first place, is why people like me are upset when we can't watch what we already paid for. So unless you have a physical structure that is maintained by someone, we all should be allowed to watch what we want as long as it has commercials. Or give me a price break on the products I buy so I can afford a cable or satellite bill! Have a great day!

What has happened is the original concept is no longer in place. They have found every which way to make a dollar off either you and me or advertisers backs. It's pure greed, why do you think there was and will be a problem with piracy? Because it costs too damn much for the monthly bill. The original concept with c band programming was to give it to us at discount rates which we never got but prices were fair. As cable and pizza became more and more the mainstream, they raised the hell out of prices. Now the fallout has even landed at our doorsteps with our c band programming that we have left. I think one of the reasons there trying to kill off 4DTV is they can't make that big $100.00 a month bill off us. Charlie is going even further trying to destroy FTA, he wants it all. All the damage he has done to 4DTV isn't bad enough.

The only thing we can do to fight this is try our best to keep c band subscription going by supporting it, and keep legal FTA alive. And for sure never get pizza, especially Dish Network. Charlie never seen a penny from me or ever will, that's a promise.

I worry if this keeps up there won't be any manufacturers of FTA boxes left with little chance of further development for the US. It seems like every company had something hacked at one point by someone. If they target all builders of these receivers one by one and somehow put them out of business, what will be left? Just the same old boxes out there now and whatever gray market or decommissioned commercial receivers we can recycle?

Their receivers weren't hacked.... there's only so much you can do with a hex editor on compiled code.

The manufacturers gave them the source code and tools to build the firmware. Dish traced it back and busted them.

If the receivers were truly hacked then the hacked flashed receiver menus would look nothing like the factory flashed one.

> If the receivers were truly hacked then the hacked flashed receiver menus would look nothing like the factory flashed one.

Exectly

...Charlie is going even further trying to destroy FTA, he wants it all. All the damage he has done to 4DTV isn't bad enough.

The only thing we can do to fight this is try our best to keep c band subscription going by supporting it, and keep legal FTA alive. And for sure never get pizza, especially Dish Network. Charlie never seen a penny from me or ever will, that's a promise.
If I can figure out a way, that my wife and kids can DVR stuff in HD, off my antenna, I'm gonna kick the pizza dish out too. I've seen and heard enough of this "how many ways can we screw enough people out of their money" mentality from these satcos and cablecos. It really is time to cut the cord!:rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)