DISH Network's Charlie Ergen May Be TV's Most Hated Man

shouldnt matter, its 1 tv
Let's put this in a little more perspective. You are paying for the receiver's ability to record or play channels. Now, if you want to simply watch one channel at a time and never record anything at the same time then you only need one tuner. Now, let's say that you want to watch one live program and record another at the same time, you need two tuners. Next, watch one and record two programs at the same time, three tuners. The more tuners you require the more the receiver is going to cost you.

Bobby

Let's put this in a little more perspective. You are paying for the receiver's ability to record or play channels. Now, if you want to simply watch one channel at a time and never record anything at the same time then you only need one tuner. Now, let's say that you want to watch one live program and record another at the same time, you need two tuners. Next, watch one and record two programs at the same time, three tuners. The more tuners you require the more the receiver is going to cost you.

Bobby

ok, then explain why a hopper is $15, a 222k is 14, and a 722 is 17, a 211k is 7
its def not tuner based, its just random

well in the beginning the extra receiver fee was 5 bucks, it was raised but as long as you kept the phone line connected there was a discount.

what really H$%*&()_(*_+)_J^% wasnt the fees but the discounts all going away at once. which jacked up my extra receiver fee to 17 bucks..

dish made a big mistake. at the time me and my wife each had our own receiver, plus some friends were staying with us after a home fire, and one for general use.....

dish management went to guys in suits maximying profits with zip concern for sub growth.

their fee RIP OFF is why I will NEVER BE A DISH SUB EVER AGAIN. the 10 or 12 buck all at once was like them picking my pocket........

That extra receiver fee of $17 is long gone with the Hopper. The need for extra receivers to get more tuners is long gone with the Hopper 3. But you continue to hold on to old obsolete grudges as you normally do.

That extra receiver fee of $17 is long gone with the Hopper. The need for extra receivers to get more tuners is long gone with the Hopper 3. But you continue to hold on to old obsolete grudges as you normally do.

tell that to all the people with 2 hoppers
not everyone has upgraded to an h3

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I didn't know there was a $17 Hopper fee.
2 Hopper cost $24
First $12 is DVR fee, and additional Hopper is $12.

I wouldn't think a new customer would have 2 Hopper 2s they would just have a H3 for $15 DVR fee.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I have two Hopper 2's. The second H2 replaced a VIP211K that was costing me $7/month, so the way I see it, the extra two tuners are only costing me an additional $5/month.

I have two Hopper 2's. The second H2 replaced a VIP211K that was costing me $7/month, so the way I see it, the extra two tuners are only costing me an additional $5/month.
Don't forget the ability to record and 2 Tb extra space... That's actually a pretty good deal when you look at it that way. I was giving the naysayers the benefit of doubt, but that is interesting.

ok, then explain why a hopper is $15, a 222k is 14, and a 722 is 17, a 211k is 7
its def not tuner based, its just random
The 222's, 722's (& 322's) are all also DUAL-ROOM receivers, which means they can output a completely different signal for another TV, from the SAME receiver...which they (unfortunately) charge accordingly for. Unfortunately, it's only an SD feed, but it's still a different signal, which a Hopper CANNOT do, unless you add a separate Jo, which they ALSO charge $7 for.

YES I DO:)

Because it was a pure ripoff something charlie spoke so often about with cable.

we can do it so why not?

charlie turned over management to the suits.

but although profits have gone up sub numbers quit growing.. at some point thats going to bite him in the butt:):):):)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You might not care for Ergen very much but he's done pretty well for a fellow who began his career selling BUDs (big ugly dishes) to farmers around Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

Don't forget the ability to record and 2 Tb extra space... That's actually a pretty good deal when you look at it that way. I was giving the naysayers the benefit of doubt, but that is interesting.

Oh yeah, I'm not complaining about the price difference at all. I did have the EHD/DVR setup on the 211K, but obviously the Hopper gives a lot more flexibility. We leave one Hopper at our vacation cottage, while the other Hopper travels with us in our motorhome. We use Dish Anywhere to tell the cottage Hopper to record programs we'll miss while underway for later viewing, and when we're at the cottage, either Hopper can access recordings on both Hoppers. We really like that feature!

Reactions: ChadT41
YES I DO:)

Because it was a pure ripoff something charlie spoke so often about with cable.

we can do it so why not?

charlie turned over management to the suits.

but although profits have gone up sub numbers quit growing.. at some point thats going to bite him in the butt:):):):)
Yes... any day now poor Ergen will be on the street corner trying to get people to buy old C-Band sat dishes. You just wait.

Reactions: ChadT41
Maybe he's tough and a ruthless
Negotiator.
But what he did to Voom and how he screwed them, I'll never get over it. I really enjoyed Voom
Until he scuttled it in the middle of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tyralak
Maybe he's tough and a ruthless
Negotiator.
But what he did to Voom and how he screwed them, I'll never get over it. I really enjoyed Voom
Until he scuttled it in the middle of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Voom did that to themselves when they refused to put new interesting stuff on. Same reason Smithsonian disappeared for some time there. There was definitely an audience, and VOOM was the first of its kind, but being exclusive to Dish and also not doing anything big caused them to not be worth it anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)