Dish network's ETF fees......

tony_s_fan

Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Putnam, CT
I apologize if this has been posted before....

I'm currently 1 year into a 2 year contract with Dish Network. I'm TIRED of the service I'm getting from Dish.

What are the ETF fee's that Dish charges??? I really want to go back to DTV and need to know what I'll have to shell out if I cancel Dish!

Thanks, in advance, for any help!!!

Rick

I'm sorry you are not satisfied with our services. Please send me a PM with your account number or phone number so that I can look up your ETF.

Daniel Busa
DISH L.L.C.
Social Media

It's the reception I don't like......I never had issues with DTV. I had reception issues yesterday on a CLEAR day!!!! When it snows, I have issues....NEVER had issues with DTV when it snowed or rained....even with HEAVY cloud cover no issues with DTV!!!! Just tired of the reception issues.....the guy who installed the system was doubtful about the reception....got a LOW signal from the satellite(s).

Dish uses different satellites than DIRECTV, so it is possible there is a tree in the way of the Dish ones but not the DIRECTV ones. The best bet may be to have Dish send someone out to look at your dish and make sure it is pointed correctly. You should not be having reception issues.

I apologize if this has been posted before....

I'm currently 1 year into a 2 year contract with Dish Network. I'm TIRED of the service I'm getting from Dish.

What are the ETF fee's that Dish charges??? I really want to go back to DTV and need to know what I'll have to shell out if I cancel Dish!

Thanks, in advance, for any help!!!

Rick
I believe it is $17 per month left on the contract. However, if it is LOS problem since the beginning, I think you can get out of the contract without paying any ETF.

Stop and think a second, if Dish reception was like that no one would use them. So unless you just want to get Direct TV and reception is an excuse have a tech come out and see about the alignment. I am very near you, have had Dish almost since their beginning, I rarely lose the signal.

Just needs repeaking. With all that is coming out of Dish now, doesn't seem smart to jump ship. And If it is a LoS problem, time to fix that, as it may also affect D* after a while. You DO know of Hopper/Joey, right? Hard to conceive of jumping to D* with this.

LOL, don't know why anyone would want the 5 tuner HR34 from D*.

Alot of people would want that 5 tuners in 1 receiver and i was able to record up to 7 things at once with thr HR 34 unlike you have to add hopper or joeys to get more tuners for that plus all the fees with dish.i do have both dish and direct but keep dish for superstations and international :D lol :)

I had a year left in my contract and switched to directv for the 5 tuner and MRV. I ended up saving a ton of money over the 2 yr contract, gaining HD in two rooms, gaining channels, and being able to record all my shows with no conflicts. Less stress for me since I don't hear the wife complaining about something skipping her shows.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

LOL, don't know why anyone would want the 5 tuner HR34 from D*.

hmmm lets see
can record 5 things at once
if you have back to back shows on same channel it records the overlap without tying up a tuner
dont give a rats patoot about the whole primetime thing since I record 3 shows a week during that time. I record more OTA stuff outside of that time or on channels not in it

and for me it all comes down to 5 vs 3 since I dont need it in any other room

Alot of people would want that 5 tuners in 1 receiver and i was able to record up to 7 things at once with thr HR 34 unlike you have to add hopper or joeys to get more tuners for that plus all the fees with dish.i do have both dish and direct but keep dish for superstations and international :D lol :)

Exacly where are the fees with the Hopper/Joey setup not competitve? $10 ($6 DVR, $4 Whole Home) for the first box (TV) and $7 for each additional box (Hopper or Joey). Up to 9 things at once with 2 Hoppers. Before integration of Hoppers you can use Joey connections for whole home access to all recording control and features of both Hoppers, except PIP from Joeys (I'm using an extra Joey in the interim at a "collossal" extra $7mo to also have PIP).

I'm sure the OP has the ETF, but the record must be kept straight.

hmmm lets see
can record 5 things at once
if you have back to back shows on same channel it records the overlap without tying up a tuner
dont give a rats patoot about the whole primetime thing since I record 3 shows a week during that time. I record more OTA stuff outside of that time or on channels not in it

and for me it all comes down to 5 vs 3 since I dont need it in any other room

+1

Exacly where are the fees with the Hopper/Joey setup not competitve? $10 ($6 DVR, $4 Whole Home) for the first box (TV) and $7 for each additional box (Hopper or Joey). Up to 9 things at once with 2 Hoppers. Before integration of Hoppers you can use Joey connections for whole home access to all recording control and features of both Hoppers, except PIP from Joeys (I'm using an extra Joey in the interim at a "collossal" extra $7mo to also have PIP).

I'm sure the OP has the ETF, but the record must be kept straight.

diretc you get your first receiver free then the fee starts for leasing a reciver whereas dish fees are getting out of hand.the HR34 has pip plus what ice said was true :)

whitewolf8214 said:
diretc you get your first receiver free then the fee starts for leasing a reciver whereas dish fees are getting out of hand.the HR34 has pip plus what ice said was true :)

A 2 TV Duo receiver could be the primary receiver at no monthly cost. A third TV could have a Solo receiver for $7/month with Dish.

With DirecTv, the primary receiver would be at no monthly cost. Each additional receiver would be $6/month totaling $12/month.

So, that would be $5 cheaper with Dish.

That is one example setup where Dish would be cheaper. Both do the no primary receiver fee or include it in the base package price.