Dish Networks Fights Dennis Hopper Estate Over 'Hopper' Name

I got to admit, the entire time I have had my Hopper I never once thought of Dennis Hopper.

If this one win then maybe I should file a lawsuit against those toilet paper people. :D

I hear Greczkowski makes the finest two-ply on the market today! I'll look for it at Costco today.

Scott-Products.png :D

i bet if the estate of Dennis Hopper wins they will have to rename the system to the VIP HopXXXX series. the Joey name would be rebranded as the VIP Hop Joey.

i bet if the estate of Dennis Hopper wins they will have to rename the system to the VIP HopXXXX series. the Joey name would be rebranded as the VIP Hop Joey.

Or XiP110/813/913 ;) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

If no one else was using the work Sky to sell a product, then he can do it. In this case Hopper is actively in use in a nationwide setting, Dish should get the trademark for satellite/TV viewing devices.
As nelson61 mentioned Microsoft has to change the name of SkyDrive because somehow Murdoch was able to trademark the word Sky. I wonder if they'd have to change to opening of the old superman tv show, can't use up in the sky... any more.

Trademark law has gotten ridiculous...it's like the new Manifest Destiny. Snatch up as many common words and phrases as you can and use them as a tool for a quick money grab.

Matt Leblanc is filing a lawsuit over the use of the name Joey.

As nelson61 mentioned Microsoft has to change the name of SkyDrive because somehow Murdoch was able to trademark the word Sky. I wonder if they'd have to change to opening of the old superman tv show, can't use up in the sky... any more.

Sky satellite service was in use probably a decade before MS came up with the Sky Drive name. Even worse it was a cloud drive which people associate with being in the sky and that is where satellites are... But, the trademark was only a problem in the EU, MS could probably still use Skydrive in the US if they wanted to do so...

Hopper case will probably be settled in a Kangaroo Court!
(sorry.... I couldn't help posting that one.)