Dish Network's lack of Yankees has fans fuming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
People still watch baseball? I haven't watched a game of baseball since the last strike. How many years has that been?

Stuart correct me if im wrong but the Yankees have a LOSING record against Tampa Bay 8 and 11. How much is the Yankees Payroll like 4 times as much as the Indians and the Yankees still are not in the playoffs.

Everyone needs to take a step back and relax. One of the big reasons why these Team Networks are popping everywhere is because in the end they make more money than what the RSN (fox, msg and others) were offering them. Considering that YES has DirecTv and Cablevision and other cables company, have made Steinbreiner more $$$ than what Cablevision was paying them. On top of this there is the $$$ is advertising revenue that comes from the Network as well. In my opinion, I only watch the YES Network when the Yankees are playing. The other programs are just weak and I am not interested to watch them. The Nets I watch a few games now and then but that's it. So Steinbreiner is no fool to see another avenue to make money and let it go. It is a great idea. This is why the Mets want to come on board and do the same. YES has the Yankees/Nets, Cablevision has the Knicks/Rangers/Devils/Islanders, The Mets network will have the Mets and who knows what other franchises. Cablevision used to have one of the best RSN in the New York Area -- all these teams under one umbrella. Now the one umbrella has been split into three umbrellas. This only spells bad news for consumers and we have seen it through the years what happened with YES/Cablevision and what is happening with YES/Dish Network. Bottom line is that consumers are left with no choice but to go with the provider that provides the sport/franchise you like.

Charlie, Steinbraner, Wilpon and any owner or business man are not stupid and they will be competing for consumers money. Wilpon is NOT going to hand their network to Charlie for less than what the Yankees are getting from DirecTv or other Cable companies. He is going to demand a similar deal/compesation. These people are here to make money. We, the consumers, are the ones that will lose because either we will have to pay for the tab or move to another provider. Let's not paint any of these people as saints. They all know what they are doing and where they are heading. They know that there is a demand for their product and they will try to gain as much profit as possible. They will give you all sort of reasons why they think it is not worth to have it in your current system but bottom line is that they willl screw you on other decisions even though you may think that they are looking out for you best interest. Believe me they are not! They ONLY look what is best for them!

Well, I myself do not want to pay a dollar for a channel I will never watch. If Charlie signs the deal I hope he puts it in the Americas everything pack along with all the other channels that I don't care about, and they can raise the already overinflated rates on that pack. Whats another dollar when your already paying 87.00.

The problem is that it will be another $2.50 per user, and rumors abound that they want it in more than just the zip codes they claim....

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey I hope Dish does as the YES network as I ENJOY watching the Yankees....... LOSE :D

I'll drink to that :clap , I hope the Red Sox eliminates them this weekend in Boston. :yes

If that happens, for sure Torre will be a goner. :shocked

The problem with saying that I won't pay for it if it's not my RSN makes little sense since no one is paying a-la carte for channels. There are few channels that we pay for but hardly want on our channel line up. I can give you a whole list of channels that I do not want to pay for but yet I have to because is part of the tier and I know that there is someone out there that will watch the channel and it maybe their favorite channel. So, what's good for me, may not be good for everybody and what's good for everyone else, may not be good for me.

a la cartes will never happen again. Sportschannel used to cost $10 a month here in NJ just for the Mets (on Cablevision) and few subscribed.

Every owner realizes that they have to get everyone in a market to pay to make their numbers work.

And that's why Wilpon, Steinbreiner and everyone who owns a channel will ask for everyone to pay for it in the tier. It is the business model used today. We all pay for the channels that we do not want.

The problem is is that if it's a regional channel you shouldn't make the whole world pay for it. That would be like making me pay for your locals.

Sean Mota said:
The problem with saying that I won't pay for it if it's not my RSN makes little sense since no one is paying a-la carte for channels. There are few channels that we pay for but hardly want on our channel line up. I can give you a whole list of channels that I do not want to pay for but yet I have to because is part of the tier and I know that there is someone out there that will watch the channel and it maybe their favorite channel. So, what's good for me, may not be good for everybody and what's good for everyone else, may not be good for me.

Yeah, I understand that. I hate those Da**ed shopping channels, but I am forced to pay for them. along with the 10000 (over exagurated) music channels that what 5 people actually listen too, maybe twice a year.

Exactly if it is a regional channel then let that region pay for it. It really doesn't matter anyway in 5 years I think all sports will be al carte anyway. I vote for sports programming to go al carte.

So are you saying that right now my local RSN MSG, FSNY on Dish Network, you are not paying for it? I though that was not the case. Correct me if I am wrong?

I don't pay for your regional programming, or at least if I do I don't know about it. I pay for the programming that I am currently subscribing to. And I don't receive your regional programming so I don't pay for it. They can't charge me for something I don't receive.

Even though you do not see it because it is not your RSN, the charge maybe there. This is how some of these channels negotiate their contracts because their advertisement is based on the headcount of the providers subscriber base on the tier you subscribe to. This is why the YES Network wants everyone to pay for it because on top of the $$$ you would pay, they will also get the advertisement revenue created by the counting. I maybe wrong about this since I do not work for this industry but I think this is what I heard. Maybe I heard wrong and someone with more experience can chime in and let us know whether these RSN channels are negotiated based on Regional subscriber count or is it based on the entire provider's base count.

I don't subscribe to the RSN. The only sports networks that I get is horse racing and the ESPN's. So I better not be paying for it, or they need to give it to me.

bpickell said:
I hate those Da**ed shopping channels, but I am forced to pay for them.
Well here is some good news. Those shopping channels actually pay to be on Dish Network. So not only are you not paying for them, but they might actually be keeping your costs down.

Well, actually they are making Charlie even more wealthy, but its all the same thing.

I love to read all the so called insider info about YES Network and Dish Network. If half that stuff was true, no cable company or DTV would have the channel. The price for DTV would be far more than DN. I don't think it's much different in costs or services. They do, and I bet they didn't pay what allegedly was required of Dish in these posts. I'm sure the Yankees will not give any special deals for the small number of Dish customers in the Yankees territory. Keeping YES off Dish has become a crusade for the anti-sports gang.

I went from DN to DTV and back to DN for other reasons than the Yankees, but it would be nice to have some regional sports network with a baseball team since I don't have the CSN Philadelphia Channel or YES. I am hoping the Mets and their new sports channel will still be on Dish next year. If not, I will still have baseball from the EI package, but I have a feeling DTV will have more customers bolting from Dish in next spring when Rich Boy Charlie starts that "I'm saving you money crap while I fill my own pockets to move up the Forbes list," while he knocks off the Mets for his cheerleaders.

We argue about paying a buck or 2 for YES, which not all, but many people will watch, and we sit here idol and pay for the horse racing, bingo, and a zillion home shopping channels. What's wrong with this???? Give us the fricken Yanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)