Dish newbie 811/510 Q

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ZILYA

Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
I am scheduled to get 811 receiver for the main TV and then 510 for the second TV. But I learnt that 811 doesn't have DVR capability and I would like to have both HDTV and DVR on the main TV. How is it possible for it to happen without me paying any money ?

Is it better to buy the dish or lease it ? Or does it matter ?

I want to get 921. is that worth it for paying 250 ( new customer) ?

thanks
zilya

well if all you have to pay is 250 than I think it's worth it. everyone else is paying 550 or paid 1000 for the same receiver.

Assuming that you only have one cable going to the 811 TV, you could split and diplex the 510 output back to the 811 TV. This would at least mirror the functions of the 510 to your main TV. You could also upgrade to a 522 and not have to mirror, just diplex TV2 back to the 811 TV. This would not raise the price if you keep the 522 connected to a phone line. Enjoy.

Hello and Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

I have a 811 and a PVR (PCTV) on my main TV. While my PCTV does have HDTV capability, I cannot record Satellite HDTV (in HD res) to the Hard Disk (because of HDCP and input/output configurations)....But it does a beautiful job recording SD res'd material from the 811...An with my route there is no Tivo, Replay, or VOD fee's. ;) Of course there are drawbacks, but I am happy for now.

Oh, viqventeur, BTW, I'm in San Diego right now, looking at the U.S.S. Midway in the Bay...That's a big frickin boat man....;)

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts