Dish no longer allows customers that have NLOS to cancel out of contract.

robotek

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Cows Landing
I am currently hearing from a lot of people that Dish is no longer allowing customers who move to a home with NLOS to get out of their contract, is this true?

Whole lot of which people? If it were true, you'd hear it here first before hearing it from a whole lot of people not here. :)

its true, dish is so fing stupid cant wait to start working for directv again, and working wih the swim system !! so easy ! f you dishnetwork you guys sux !!

I would doubt this hearsay very much. Continued reception is key to the Residential Agreement remaining in force.

That doesn't mean that you will not be obligated to an ETF but I doubt that as well. Professional installers aren't supposed to install systems that won't survive the term of the commitment.

In other words, give us a credible source other than "heard from a lot of people" or "dish sux" before we will believe it.

Well...A high school friend of mine got a new job.It required him to move.He tried to do the dishmover plan.Installer came out and said sorry nlos.Dish socked him with ETF.Tried to get him to come here and register so he could contact dirt and possibly get it resolved but,he went ahead and paid the fee just to be done with it.

Ya ... I had a little similar situation ...

I wanted to upgrade to the Hopper ... but I would have got locked into another 2 years. I was okay with that.

The catch however is that my employment might have moved me to Canada, where it is not legal to have Dish nor would I have been able to get the signal (without extra-ordinary efforts like a larger dish ... bla bla bla). So I asked that if I ended up having to move out of the US, would it be an issue getting out of my contract. I was told that I would be required to pay an early termination fee. I was told they only promise service in the US. If I move out of country they do not promise that, so I would have to pay the ETF.

I thought it was kind of lame that if I did not have "line of sight" that I could not get out of my contract, regardless of "location".

Job did not work out anyway ... still don't have a Hopper though. Instead my 722 died and Dish gave me a 722K for free :) Love the dual OTA! I'll sit with the 722K for a while ... out of contract of course.

i work for dish, had mover connections last week, that hd nlos call to help the customer canncell, dish wanted to charge them 350 to end the contract even if there was nlos, they cus gave me the phone and i ask the rep on the phone and she said yes dish changed the policy i hung up and called again because i didnt beleive it and got a differnt rep that said the same thing! its unreal this company haha

Well...A high school friend of mine got a new job.It required him to move.He tried to do the dishmover plan.Installer came out and said sorry nlos.Dish socked him with ETF.Tried to get him to come here and register so he could contact dirt and possibly get it resolved but,he went ahead and paid the fee just to be done with it.

For all you doubters................and Dish-can-do-no-wrongers...............

its true, dish is so fing stupid cant wait to start working for directv again, and working wih the swim system !! so easy ! f you dishnetwork you guys sux !!

Its SWM, your statement sounds stupid. When you sign a 2yr agreement, its a 2 yr agreement.

so your saying if you moved and ad a 2 year contract with dish and at your new place the trees bloced the signal and you couldnt get dish you would want to pay 350 to end the contract, even though its not your fault, thats stupid.

Send a PM to one of the DIRT members here. Their names are highlighted red and they work for DISH. They should be able to help you out. DIRT stands for Dish Internet Response Team.

There's a distinct difference between forcing you to pay for services that you can't get and forcing you to pay to get out of a commitment. If you break an agreement with a wireless telephone carrier because you moved to an area that they don't serve, you can bet they're going to let you have it with both barrels. Same deal (or worse) if you sign a two year lease on a rental home.

I was waiting for that lame response to come out.

I just like having evidence of a claim before I will go and believe it. Doesn't make me a DCDNW :rolleyes:

For those that provided the evidence, thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)