DISH not allowed

AZ. is correct. It's not legal for any association to disallow satellite dishes under a certain diameter which DISH definitely falls into. Just tell them that they will be hearing from the FCC about their illegal rule which prevents free access to the airwaves.

Reactions: TheKrell
We had the same kind of thing in our HOA Gestapo when we built the home. Didn't last long at all. All the residents agreed is that they would do their best to make the dishes not easily visible from the street view for ascetics. But in the cases where there was literally no line of sight other than what could be visible from the road, the FCC won. We agreed to not start an HOA war and I think most people agreed that it looked better not to have dishes everywhere visible.

But the end story is that they cannot have a rule against dish or satellite access?

Common areas might be ok. But walls or roof it definitely against the FCC ruling.
Nope. Common areas aren't allowed and not on walls or roofs if they are also considered common areas. That varies from association to association.

Reactions: Bobby

Condominiums and townhouses have different rules than single family homes with Homeowner Associations.
Yep, allowed on Balconies, your private area, but not on roofs if I remember correctly, basically in multi-dwellings Condos you are out of luck.

When we were looking at Houses in 1999/2000, there was a subdivision that were Houses, but they were called Condos with one heck of a monthly fee ( for all the work they do, Lawn Care of each House for one example), those are the ones I think the FCC would affect.

Regular HOA for Houses definitively would be affected by the FCC for Dishes to be allowed.

If you call directly to the Loyalty department and explain that you’re moving into a place that does not allow satellite dishes and you do not have line of sight from your personal space, like a balcony, they should let you out of your contract. I’ve done that for customers in the past under similar circumstances

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)