Dish not interested in acquiring Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since Charlie partnered with Sprint I kinda wondered if he would go against Sprint on bidding for T-Mobile at that point. He is being more conservative or has other plans in mind. He may be afraid that if he merges with Directv then he wont be able to make another play in the near future.

But somethings got to happen. Don't want to lose all that spectrum.

Yea right. I don't believe Charlie's poker face for 1 minute.
I read a bit of the transcript, sounded like they would give it a look if the opportunity did come up. I would never say never either Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Dish has always said (Joe and Charlie) that while a DirecTV/Dish merger had great savings/benifits, it would still leave Dish in the same business that they see as diminishing. Further, with the rumor (quite credible, actually) that AT&T wants to buy DirecTV (or would they be willing to sit with Malone at the table), this makes Dish even MORE desirable to the only obvious competitor to AT&T: Verizon. Charlie could either sell Dish and get his cash and focus on Echostar and internet ISP and wireless co. Oh, and Charlie may KEEP and still launch his planned internet TV service, or Verizon might just HAVE to take a seat on the Board with Charlie still calling most of the shots as the TV service end, but that would still put Verizon in much better position to offer its "triple play" with a far more mature TV service that would be nation wide with no capital costs. These are actually converging as good times for sat cos.

I don't live near a community with access to AT&T U-Verse, my parents and several friends have Verizon FiOS. I don't like their hardware or software, but their internet service is good, as is the prices they're giving people in their competition with Comcast Xfinity. I really need to stress how much I hate these cheap gimmick names that these cable companies create to hook in the average Joe.

Charlie probably realized that the time to merge with DIRECTV has passed. It made sense a few years ago when it was a growing business, but now subscription pay TV is a slowly dying business. His money is better invested elsewhere.

Well that is a given. Just about every year since 2000 , we have had an increase in either programming , equipment fees or Both.

Yeah, not like the way bread, fuel, utilities and food have gone down.

:rolleyes:

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Tech prices have tended to trend down (i.e. cost of computers), but even though satellite TV seems like technology it is really just an extension of entertainment which has always gone up in price.

Further, with the rumor (quite credible, actually) that AT&T wants to buy DirecTV (or would they be willing to sit with Malone at the table), this makes Dish even MORE desirable to the only obvious competitor to AT&T: Verizon.
John Malone has very little to do with today's DIRECTV. He expressed a burning desire to have DISH and DIRECTV merge last time he said anything on the subject.

As pointed out, DBS is on the way out so buying into DIRECTV that is so poorly diversified would not be a good idea for someone also trying to work their way out of the DBS business.

Ah, although tiny, a personal attack......

Take it any way you like. I wasn't responding to you when I first posted in this thread in the first place. I was stating the easily accessed truth about DISH and their programming and equipment fee increases. Why do you feel that satellite tv increases are justified, since the price of gas and food goes up too? I don't really feel that they are in the same category as tv programming. Like comparing apples and oranges. Besides DISH is a big company and I 'm sure this isn't the first time someone has criticized them for the ever increasing programming and equipment fees over their history. You don't have to defend them when someone post something that although may sound negative, is very , very ,true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts