Dish not supporting 322, 301 or 625 receivers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teb2500

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
US
Does anyone have information on this????

I use DN for a seasonal house and had paused my service around November 1. Prior to that, I had the following receivers activated - a 222, a 322, a 625 and a 301 and they all worked fine. I called to remove the pause for the holidays and was told that only the 222 could be activated as they no longer support the mpeg 2 receivers - the 322, 625 and 301. I was told that I have to get upgraded receivers in order to use the service.

I don't think I ever received information on this. Is anyone else having the same issue? Is anyone using the same receivers without any issues? Is it just that I paused it and now that I want to re-activate them that I am having this issue? HELP!!!

You don't give your location but you are probably getting or scheduled to get your services from the Eastern Arc which uses sat locations of 61.5, 72.7, and 77 degrees. Only 61.5 supports mpeg2 and that will probably change soon too. Dish is trying to avoid duplication of services where it is not needed. If you have a western arc or a mixed arc you may still be ok with the old mpeg2 receivers (for now anyways) if you don't mind not having locals. Again without knowing where you are located this is all speculation.

110/119/61.5 used to be the standard setup but now that is an unsupported setup. Dish has moved a lot of their programming to different satellites and now they have 2 standard setups...Eastern Arc and Western Arc. Eastern arc looks at satellites 61.5, 72.7, and 77 degrees, while Western arc is 110/119/129. Eastern arc is all mpeg 4 and that is why the old receivers do not work with eastern arc. Western arc still has some mpeg 2 programming.

Dish is trying to discourage anyone from using a mixed-arc setup like yours because they may switch programming to different satellites in your arc and you will not be able to receive channels that you subscribed to.

110, 119 is all you need for the MPEG2 receivers.

Play CSR roulette or tell them you have 110/119 for the 322, 301 and 625.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)