Dish & NY Sports

I re-tuned my TV and found the Sabres game via the $12 TWC package. I had thought about dropping it but with that, TW Sports (Ch. 13) showing Buffalo Bandits (NLL) games, YNN, the Canadian stations, PBS in HD, and now the 2 LIN stations, I can actually make a case to the Mrs. for keeping it.

:eek:k:

So you are able to get the Sabres games in Digital Qam on the $12 QAM?

As for CI, every team is carried in SD to out of market people. HD feeds are only carried for RSNs that Dish offers. Reason is, that the NHL and NBA only send the SD feeds to the sat/cable companies. This is why Comcast in my area doesn't broadcast any HD games on CI, LP, or EI. !

Thats not true on Time Warner. We get usually two additional HD games on the NHCI package each night, in addition to HD games carried on the MSG's. So basically on any given night I have a minimum of 3-4 HD Hockey games, sometimes more depending on whether there are games on Versus or the NHL Net.
I do know that Directv has the most of NHLCI games in HD compared to any provider available to me.

Regarding Yankee games on WWOR or MY9 or whatever they want to call themselves this week, I do get the channel but its in the worst SD I've ever seen. The same with MSG and MSG2. Honestly if MSG wanted more money and they weren't going to give Dish access to the HD feeds then I agree with Dish. I do think that the RSNs should be made available ala carte and to those that feel like they shouldn't have to pay for sports cause they are not fans, how many channels do sports fans pay for what you like. In the end it is what it is but Dish is still charging $5 extra month for what amounts to 1 channel when they used to offer 3 for that price.

Regarding Yankee games on WWOR or MY9 or whatever they want to call themselves this week, I do get the channel but its in the worst SD I've ever seen. The same with MSG and MSG2. Honestly if MSG wanted more money and they weren't going to give Dish access to the HD feeds then I agree with Dish. I do think that the RSNs should be made available ala carte and to those that feel like they shouldn't have to pay for sports cause they are not fans, how many channels do sports fans pay for what you like. In the end it is what it is but Dish is still charging $5 extra month for what amounts to 1 channel when they used to offer 3 for that price.

I believe in the Buffalo NY Area they also give subs Sports Time Ohio. New Yorkers have as much in common with Ohio as Yankees and Red Sox Fans do.

I have Dish, and live in the NY area. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I do miss having Yes to catch some of the games. I will prob switch providers for this reason when my contract is up.

I'd like a la carte channels as well, but it's not going to happen. YES and MSG aren't going to set a precedent for allowing a la carte, otherwise all channels would be a la carte. A la carte would mean higher prices or less channels in the end because customers won't pay for the niche channels.

BTW, if YES or MSG were offered a la carte on Dish, they would have to be a la carte on most other providers because of contracts guaranteeing that a provider gets the lowest price available.

The ironic thing with Dish and Yes is that one of the guys who runs YES also has a stake in Dish. You'd think they would be able to hammer out an agreement but I guess not :(

The ironic thing with Dish and Yes is that one of the guys who runs YES also has a stake in Dish. You'd think they would be able to hammer out an agreement but I guess not :(
Which one of the guys who has a stake in YES also has a stake in DISH?

I haven't heard this one before.

I have Dish, and live in the NY area. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I do miss having Yes to catch some of the games. I will prob switch providers for this reason when my contract is up.

Actually, things are going the other way.

DirecTV wants to drop YES and the other extra RSNs:

White also said on the sidelines of the investor event that he expects hard decisions on regional sports networks over the next year that could lead to some channels being dropped or offered only on an a la carte basis in 2012 and beyond, especially in such expensive markets as New York. DirecTV executives mentioned that satellite TV competitor Dish Network has not carried key regional sports networks that it has deemed too expensive and seems to be doing fine.

Which one of the guys who has a stake in YES also has a stake in DISH?

I haven't heard this one before.

That would be Goldman Sachs. Even though that they do own a 40% stake in YES, they have been trying to get rid of their stake which has been going on since '09. But then again, being that Goldman Sachs carries Dish's Echostar, it probably might willing to get YES, but YES only is on Dish when the NJ Nets have a game on NBALP, other than that, nil.

That would be Goldman Sachs. Even though that they do own a 40% stake in YES, they have been trying to get rid of their stake which has been going on since '09. But then again, being that Goldman Sachs carries Dish's Echostar, it probably might willing to get YES, but YES only is on Dish when the NJ Nets have a game on NBALP, other than that, nil.

Since when did goldman sachs own Echostar?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)