Dish on a wooden post, NO!???

As long as you have clear LOS and a good solid mount type, you can put it anywhere to get the customer Dish service. You could put it on the ground, As long as they agree to it and the QOS doesn't show up to the job and fail you. Dish wants the techs to do whatever it takes to get the customer hooked up, unless it's unsafe of course, lol.

My dish has been on a treated 6X4 post for 5 years, never had a problem.
The "post installer" came today and he also stated the company he works for will not allow a dish on a wooden post. Looking at that steel post "wiggle" in the wind, makes me think a 4 X 6 wood post would be much better also. But, I don't care what they put it on, it works.

RT

I don't know how many times I rolled on a service call to find a 4x4 post sticking out of the ground in the middle of the yard with a Dish mast screwed to it with 2 maybe 3 screws. This is almost always the work of some 'fly-by-night' subcontractor. Since I now must take "ownership" of the job and bring it up to code, it means I'm pulling the post out of the ground - not hard to do in the Florida sand, plus concrete is NEVER used - and setting a proper pole mount. While the concrete is setting, it gives me time to go over the rest of the system, where there is usually plenty of other stuff to fix.
In my experience, a setup like this is just asking for trouble, plus it just looks like ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)