Dish on Demand

Lexi51

Original poster
May 10, 2005
Hurricane, WV
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but, I have seen discussions about Dish on Demand, and was wondering if anyone who has Dish can get this, and if so, how do we get it? Do you have to have a DVR in order to get it? I know nothing about this, obviously, but from what I have read, it sounds like a neat thing. Thanks in advance for any information about this.

Yes, you must have a DVR. Dish pushes the content to a special partition on the DVR overnight and it is available to you the next day.

Most don't think it is worth the cost. I don't know of anyone who has availed themselves of this opportunity.

BTY, you have no say in what is pushed out, they make up the list.

Last edited:
Ok, Thank You,,,,I have looked thru my dish menus on my tv, and couldn't find any info on it. I appreciate the information. Thanks@!

It costs $1 more than a PPV, and you can only keep it for only 24 hours after you start playback.

Which is why I won't use it. Why pay more to get the same thing using the guide and ordering directly from there. I can dvr it and make a dvd of it and keep it indefinately on my hard drive and save a $1.00 doing it. I don't see any positives using video on demand when you pay more for it.

Which is why I won't use it. Why pay more to get the same thing using the guide and ordering directly from there. I can dvr it and make a dvd of it and keep it indefinately on my hard drive and save a $1.00 doing it. I don't see any positives using video on demand when you pay more for it.

ABSOLUTELY! Ironically, it is the free TV shows via Dish VOD that I do find of interest and do watch--FREE of extra charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts