Dish Online Download Speed

doobydoo65

Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
What is the amount of time it should take to download a movie? It is taking me 3hours to download.. Whats the use?

I did a test on Christmas day and it took 3 hours to download the movie "A Christmas Story"

I never watched it (why pay $4.99 for it when it was on TBS all day long for free). Anyways got my bill today from Dish and they charged me $4.99 for a movie I never watched.

DishONLINE has got to be the biggest scam ever going. Avoid it like the plague.

So I wonder if this is how long it is taking others to download also? I thought it would be pretty dang quick!

Yeah, it has to be a problem on their side as far as the speed goes. It is a shame because this whole thing has such promise. How long does it take to download the programs from D*?

The movie took so long to download, when it was ready to view, it said I only had 6 days left instead of 7.

I did a test on Christmas day and it took 3 hours to download the movie "A Christmas Story"

I never watched it (why pay $4.99 for it when it was on TBS all day long for free). Anyways got my bill today from Dish and they charged me $4.99 for a movie I never watched.

DishONLINE has got to be the biggest scam ever going. Avoid it like the plague.

This happened to me as well. I called to raise the fiery pit from the depths of hell and they told me that if the movie completes the download, you will be charged regardless if you watch it or not. NOT COOL:mad:

But if you cancel the download BEFORE it completes, then no charge. Geez, thanks Dish.

I'm sure Dish does not want people downloading a bunch of movies and not watching them. That is a waste of bandwidth on their server end. Besides why would you download something for three hours if you are not going to watch it? You are wasting their time and yours.

I say that Dish made the right call on this one, otherwise there would be a bunch of stupid idiots queuing up all kinds of programming just incase they later decide they may want to actually watch one of them.

I dont understand why someone would want to download a movie to watch unless they were going to be able to watch it then. Not 3 hours later. Why bother? You could go rent it faster then that. Where is the convenience? I wasted money money on a ethernet adapter for this?
I hope they make some changes to the download speed.....

I'm sure Dish does not want people downloading a bunch of movies and not watching them. That is a waste of bandwidth on their server end. Besides why would you download something for three hours if you are not going to watch it? You are wasting their time and yours.

I say that Dish made the right call on this one, otherwise there would be a bunch of stupid idiots queuing up all kinds of programming just incase they later decide they may want to actually watch one of them.

See here is the problem. I guess I would be one of your stupid idiots, because since it takes 3 hours to download, I would want to look through the selections and find some stuff that I might want to watch and then go ahead and download it so that it is ready when I am. That way I don't have to wait 3 hours when I really want to watch it. Now I may see 3 movies that I want to watch over the next week, but I might get busy and only watch 2 of them. In my opinion I should not be charged for that 3rd movie (since I never watched it). Is it a "waste of bandwidth" maybe, but at the same time this is a convience feature and in my opinion that is part of their cost of doing business.

I dont understand why someone would want to download a movie to watch unless they were going to be able to watch it then. Not 3 hours later. Why bother? You could go rent it faster then that. Where is the convenience? I wasted money money on a ethernet adapter for this?
I hope they make some changes to the download speed.....

What quality are the movies in, and how fast is your internet connection? The only way anybody is going to get a quick download regardless of Dish's server speed is if they themselves have a really fast connection and/or Dish compresses the movies too much. Personally I think the whole concept is a waste of time and money on Dish's part.

We have heard about it being in beta for a loooong time. I have a bad feeling that this is how it is going to be for the forseeable future...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)