Dish online false advertisement

Wow...I just noticed my latest bill from Dish, and the one time I tried watching something marked as free in SD, I've been charged $4.99 for. I know it was free, and in SD (I stopped watching it because of the poor quality, and I wouldn't have paid for it).

It's clear to me now that this is a legitimate problem. I'm guessing it is/was a bug with their new VOD menu system.

Well, I did a chat online and was able to get the charge removed. At first they would only offer me PPV coupons (not interested after they charged me for something marked as free).

Something has got to be wrong. Even looking at the OPs attachments, Killers is too new of a movie for them to actually offer it free (even in SD). I bet if anyone actually ordered that in SD, they'd be charged $4.99.

Killers is currently $4.99 for the SD version or $5.99 for the HD version, according to Dish's PPV page. I imagine the price can change or maybe they run a promotion (if you catch it) for a discounted rate or even free (??). I get e-mails about "Dish Cinema" and $.99 movies but haven't looked at them to see which movies are 99 cents...

Probably a glitch, maybe having to do with a null value for SD, because who really is going to get the SD version on an HD box?

Here is a good rule of thumb: barring a free PPV coupon, you will pay for pay per view. And you especially will pay is the movie was in theaters less than a year ago.

Probably a glitch, maybe having to do with a null value for SD, because who really is going to get the SD version on an HD box?

Here is a good rule of thumb: barring a free PPV coupon, you will pay for pay per view. And you especially will pay is the movie was in theaters less than a year ago.

Very good rule of thumb, but once again, we have a provider that is misleading their subscribers, and then still making them pay when in fact it was their error. PPV coupon does not make that movie(that was marked free) you watched FREE, it makes the NEXT movie free. The provider should be correcting these errors(refunds) and then correcting their guide.

Very good rule of thumb, but once again, we have a provider that is misleading their subscribers, and then still making them pay when in fact it was their error. PPV coupon does not make that movie(that was marked free) you watched FREE, it makes the NEXT movie free. The provider should be correcting these errors(refunds) and then correcting their guide.

In the event someone ordered SD. But the OP has presented no proof the HD ones ever said free. The evidence he provided clearly shows HD for $6.99.

I just say caveat emptor and remember that is something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Wow...I just noticed my latest bill from Dish, and the one time I tried watching something marked as free in SD, I've been charged $4.99 for. I know it was free, and in SD (I stopped watching it because of the poor quality, and I wouldn't have paid for it).

It's clear to me now that this is a legitimate problem. I'm guessing it is/was a bug with their new VOD menu system.

In the event someone ordered SD. But the OP has presented no proof the HD ones ever said free. The evidence he provided clearly shows HD for $6.99.

I just say caveat emptor and remember that is something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

This is what I am referring to, but it appears possible with HD as well, even if the OP is wrong, or just hasn't presented a picture.

Nonetheless, my point is, is the provider once again screwing up, and screwing customers.

I don't offer any proof, but I know for a fact the screen said the SD version was free (Movie in question was Edge of Darkness, back in September), and I began to watch it in SD. I stopped watching it because the quality was too poor. Despite saying free, I was charged $4.99.

Trust me, I wouldn't have ordered the movie if I had to pay for it, let alone paid for it and not watched it. I know I'm not crazy, as my girlfriend remembers it being free as well.

I don't think its that hard to believe that the new VOD interface could have some issues...

I'll know on my next bill if Killers was free in SD. I got it, watched it and enjoyed it. HD would have been nice, but it wasn't all that needed in this particular movie, imo.

Ok i had a problem with signin it wouldn't take my password.
Anyways i read all of your comments.
My laguage period is english, just never paid attention in class.
Ok that said, what i was trying to get accross is that for letters to juliet i ordered the sd movie.
Yes it said free, well when i ordered it they gave me the hd version instead of the sd version.
Which it charged me $6.99, ok now on every movie that said free i ordered the free movie.
Whether the area that said free was hd or sd, i ordered the free section.
Now i have taken the pictures of the other movies currently free, because some have asked for them.
Also i have the vip 722k dvr to the one who asked, the online menu just changed to that a few months ago.
Below are the additional pictures i have taken today,of the free hd movies on right now..
As you can see they say nothing about free hd for life, as the customer service rep said they meant.

Also i watched the free sd movie of the edge of darkness too, and was charged for the free movie.
It was $4.99 for the charge, that is why i started taking pictures of the free movies.
Because according to dish network they don't exist on their system..
I am here to prove they do exist, and they are charging for said free movies.

Attachments

• 100_0737.JPG
    100_0737.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_0736.JPG
    100_0736.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_0739.JPG
    100_0739.JPG
    478.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
it is a glitch. customers are getting charged and no reversal of it is allowed. any agent who reverses ppv charges may receive disciplinary action. we can gladly send you two free ppv movie coupons, but what customer would trust a free ppv coupon after getting hosed? fool me once....

it is a glitch. customers are getting charged and no reversal of it is allowed. any agent who reverses ppv charges may receive disciplinary action. we can gladly send you two free ppv movie coupons, but what customer would trust a free ppv coupon after getting hosed? fool me once....

Bingo. The real problem is policy. Each customer should get at least one "PPV undo" in their life as a customer. I can see not wanting to reverse charges, as then everyone will call up claiming their dog ordered it, but can't people get the benefit of the doubt once?

Also i watched the free sd movie of the edge of darkness too, and was charged for the free movie.
It was $4.99 for the charge, that is why i started taking pictures of the free movies.
Because according to dish network they don't exist on their system..
I am here to prove they do exist, and they are charging for said free movies.

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

How about once you get charged for one "free" VOD movie, you don't trust them on future "free" VOD movies?

The other night I was watching the 922. A VOD message popped up and asked if I wanted to rent the movie. Since I did not order the movie I called tech support to report it... The CSR stated I had to have ordered it and it was not her problem... I asked her to report it as a 922 bug and hung up. Watch me get charged.

Bingo. The real problem is policy. Each customer should get at least one "PPV undo" in their life as a customer. I can see not wanting to reverse charges, as then everyone will call up claiming their dog ordered it, but can't people get the benefit of the doubt once?

The problem is not policy issue at all, it's their f'd up software system. If it says FREE, it should be FREE. If it's not FREE, then the software should be corrected. The provider should refund EVERY movie that is ordered as FREE, and then the customer is charged. They can tell on their system.

IF there wasn't an issue with the software, then there would be no customer service contact to invoke the "policy".

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

How about once you get charged for one "free" VOD movie, you don't trust them on future "free" VOD movies?

It's not the customers responsibility to "trust" or "not trust". If it says FREE, then it should be FREE. I can't believe you are taking Dish's side on this. How about Dish getting their sh!t together?

The problem is not policy issue at all, it's their f'd up software system. If it says FREE, it should be FREE. If it's not FREE, then the software should be corrected. The provider should refund EVERY movie that is ordered as FREE, and then the customer is charged. They can tell on their system.

IF there wasn't an issue with the software, then there would be no customer service contact to invoke the "policy".

It's not the customers responsibility to "trust" or "not trust". If it says FREE, then it should be FREE. I can't believe you are taking Dish's side on this. How about Dish getting their sh!t together?

Problem is, Dish probably does have to pay content providers for those PPVs. They have a glitch, but that does not mean that customers should have a right to game the system. Give people a refund once, then explain the situation. They should fix the glitch, but that may take time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts