Dish outdoors

Kd0ess

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2020
Monroe la
So I heard that you can have either a dish outdoor subscription, or a dish home subscription, or both apparently. So that got me thinking, what if you move to a place where you can’t have satellite, such as an apartment? Could you use a dish outdoors receiver/subscription and still get satellite?

A Dish Outdoor account still requires a dish and receiver. The primary advantages of the Outdoor account are the lack of a contract allowing month to month service with no penalties, and the ease of changing locals using a smart phone app if you move around the country from time to time. The downside is that you're required to buy your equipment instead of getting it at no cost from Dish.

then why'd it say on the dish site that you can have one or the other when it said if you have a residential account... to me it implied ou could have both cause on the both version you can't manage your locals by yourself but with the outdoors only ne you can

You can have a standard residential leased equipment account with typical 2-year contract. And you can have a separate Outdoor account that's month to month with no contract and purchased equipment that's only activated for vacations. Or you can have an Outdoor account with purchased equipment for both your residence and RV that's month to month year round. Many part-time RV'ers have a residential account and just move a receiver out to their RV when they go on vacation. Depending on the receiver model, they can either use a manually aimed full sized multi-LNB dish or a smaller automatic aiming dish in that case. To change locals with a residential account in that situation requires either a phone call or chat session, and changing locals to the vacation location also changes them for any receivers left at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)