DISH Partners with NBC for Olympics Coverage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® PARTNERS WITH NBC UNIVERSAL TO DELIVER IMMERSIVE, INTERACTIVE TV EXPERIENCES FOR 2010 VANCOUVER OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES

DISH Network Subscribers Gain Access to Unprecedented Coverage Including

More Than 835 Hours of Olympic Content

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and NEW YORK – Feb. 12, 2010 – DISH Network L.L.C., the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in America, has partnered with NBC Universal (NBCU) to deliver viewers a fully interactive experience during NBCU’s coverage of the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games.

DISH Network® will offer 2010 Olympic Winter Games coverage on NBC Universal networks free through its Interactive TV (iTV) mosaic, a six-screen showcase available to all DISH Network iTV-enabled set-top boxes. The mosaic will provide more than 835 hours of NBCU’s 2010 Vancouver Games content from Feb. 12-28 – representing the most total hours of coverage ever for an Olympic Winter Games. Featured channels include CNBC, MSNBC, USA Network and three Olympic highlight channels. DISH Network subscribers can watch all six screens simultaneously or select one channel to watch in full-screen.

In addition, DISH Network will feature the NBC Olympics Showcase on DishHOME (DISH Network Ch. 100). The 2010 Olympic Winter Games experience wraps interactivity around live programming on DISH Network. Viewers are able to use their remote control to instantly:

· Access athlete profiles

· Read late-breaking news

· View video highlights of the day’s events

· Track each country’s medal counts

· See the team USA Report

· Learn more about Vancouver and the event venues

· Discover more about each specific Olympic sport

“DISH Network’s iTV platform is a terrific way to experience NBC’s coverage of the Vancouver Games, from live programming via our six-screen mosaic to up-to-the-minute medal counts and news through our interactive DishHOME feature,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network.

Available now, DISH Network is also showcasing advanced technology and rich content across its VOD platform, featuring more than 40 free clips produced by NBC. DISH On Demand is available by pressing the DVR button on your DISH Network remote control and selecting the “TV Entertainment” section from the list. At the start of the Games, the In-Games package will feature daily highlights, in addition to access to the best events each day. Content includes overall daily highlights by sport (approximately 15 per day, with up to three in HD) and “Rewind,” with up to five daily long-form replays of the best sessions/games per day.

For more information about NBC’s coverage of the Olympic Winter Games, visit NBCOlympics.com. For more information about DISH Network’s products and services, including iTV applications and HD programming, visit DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.

Can't believe Dish's website says that this is the first All-HD Winter Olympics and they pull crap like this...none of the iTV stuff is in HD...oh, but we get up to three on-demand in HD per day. Am I missing something?

Can't believe Dish's website says that this is the first All-HD Winter Olympics and they pull crap like this...none of the iTV stuff is in HD...oh, but we get up to three on-demand in HD per day. Am I missing something?

At least E* has MSNBC in HD unlike D*...

Channels 550, 551 and 552 don't have any feeds from Canada.
As I understand, they simply show some loops about Olympics history (550), Team USA (551), and "A more in-depth look at everything Olympics" (552).

Reports from the XXI Winter Olympics are only shown on NBC, CNBC, USA, MSNBC and UNIHD - all available in HD.

Yes, apparently you are...

where do i find dishhome? is it channel 100? i get the 6 screens but can't find the other stuff, do you need to have phone connected? I only have Ethernet.

Found the top part where it says to press select and it says i need an upgrade for my dish. I have 61.5/72/77/110, what upgrade do i need?

Last edited:
dish would go a long way if they would just up the bit rate on those Olympic SD channels. Most of them look bad, even on an SD set.

Probably the best benefit from dish is you can stream live Olympic content due to having Dish. Though I heard there may be a minimum package to get it.

where do i find dishhome? is it channel 100? i get the 6 screens but can't find the other stuff, do you need to have phone connected? I only have Ethernet.

Found the top part where it says to press select and it says i need an upgrade for my dish. I have 61.5/72/77/110, what upgrade do i need?

I can't figure this out either. I have EA 1000.4, 722k, and my DishHome just shows the 6 simultaneous screens. Nothing looks like the screen shots shown at dishnetwork.com/vancouver.

Weird.

-matt

It's all kinda lackluster. It would be a bigger deal if the added channels were showing live events and the signal wasn't crap. I vomited the other night after trying to watch the Short Track after dinner. The pixelation was so horrible it made me nauseous. The Superbowl was not like this at all. Even the confetti at the end was perfect. No break up or pixelation. But then Level3 ran the feed uncompressed from Miami to NY. Gives credence to the axiom of "Garbage in, Garbage out." And NBC it getting a lot of heat about this in their forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)