Dish Payment with Checking Acct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Has anyone heard of Dish denying you the ability to pay your bill using the EFT function due to an error with a routing number? My wife paid on our acct last month as she always does, using our checking acct with a Electronic Fund Transfer. She acciddently added on an extra number and did not know this until we recieved a late payment notice. The CSR would not allow her to correct this mistake and stated Dish would not accept payments like this for 6 months from us. I just got off the phone with some guy from the Executive offices who stated he couldn't do anything about it because it wasn't up to any individual to override this but an issue with their "autopay" programming. My wife has done this a few times over the years with much larger corporations and they have asked her to just correct the mistake and get on with life. I find this very bizarre and told this guy this isn't the way Dish should treat customers who have been with them for over 8 years. My wife makes about 90% of all our bills on line this way and has never been penalized like this before. Any out there have this problem? Thanks, Mike

How about using a push-pay instead?

I NEVER give out my account info so that people can PULL money from my account.

My credit union has free bill pay where they PUSH the money on MY command.

That being said, I do have some of my consistent monthly bills that go on a credit card every month. It's a LOW limit card, again for my protection.

SimpleSimon said:
How about using a push-pay instead?
I NEVER give out my account info so that people can PULL money from my account.
My credit union has free bill pay where they PUSH the money on MY command.
That being said, I do have some of my consistent monthly bills that go on a credit card every month. It's a LOW limit card, again for my protection.
Right on! That's what I do (push instead of pull). Otherwise, if they say you owe $500 and you say $50, they deduct the $500 from your account and you get to fight to get it back. Meanwhile, you are out the $450 and may be overdrawn.

John

I would love push pay from my 53 account, but the A$$holes don't actually electronically send a payment. instead they wait for say 50 or consumers to pay a bill to say the electric company, then they send a mass check (by USPS) with info on how to distribute the funds from the lump sum.

I used that service for 1 month, then got hit with 13 late fees from my creditors/utilities/car payment/etc which 53 credited to me and sent letters to the people charging late fees to let them know it was their fault not mine, it all got cleared up, but not for 3 months and not without ALOT of calls on my part. Eventhough I scheduled the payments at least 5 days before due date, none of he companies got the checks until a few days after the due dates and then it took a day to process the lump sums distributions.

So, check into your banks service before you go that route. I use the pull method for over 3 years now on most of my stuff and only had 1 double pull occur which after a short 15 minute phone call was fixed and money put back in my account. I have also had a couple times where the company forgot to initiate the pull and tried to get me on a late charge. Since I print every confirm out, it was easily settled and not late charges. Not so easy if your bank has a problem and can't send the money.

Like I said though, I have tried the push method with bad results for me, so I like the pull method, put the burden on them to get the transaction done and correct and have had only 1 mishap which like I said was easily and quickly corrected. I am not a bank jumper so I am not gonna go to each bank and try their service, to much hassle with Direct Deposit, automated savings and investments to move stuff to another bank IMO. YMMV.

I would never EVER let Dish have control of removing funds from my accounts.

If you have them on CC auto pay, an you cancel, they'll zap their cancellation fees right out, and good luck getting that back.

If you can't push pay, spend the .37 cents on a stamp and mail a check. it's worth it for the security.

(It is still 37 cents, right?)

Well yes, that being said, I only let certain companies actually do the Pull. I don't let Dish pull funds. Others I just take the time to send a check, especially now many of my bills (water/sewer, trash, etc) have a surcharge to pay by CC or pay online, so screw em, let them process the checks by hand. Heck almost all checks now are EFT's anyways, so it's not like you can really float them except for USPS delivery times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)