Dish Player DVR 522

chipcouncill

Original poster
May 6, 2007
Hello all, i am new here and not too great with tvs etc, i am a computer systems administrator by trade but dont know much about satellites.
I had unplugged my DVR 625 to do some cleaning behind it and when i plugged it back in, it would never get a signal again.
After calling dishnetwork and running there standard tests they said they cant send a tech to my house for 3 days.
I am getting the Warning 530 message, One of the satellite inputs or switchs is not connected properly.
It was working fine before I unplugged it, not the cable the power.
I have another reciever that is working in a spare room so I know it is not a reception prob. I have traced all the wires under the house and everything seems to be ok.
In help in fixing this ASAP? I dont like not having my DVR! LOL

Thanks in advance
Chip

Last edited:
so did you just unplug the power cord? or did you unhook the lines coming from the satellite also? If you just unplugged the power cord and moved the reciever around a little bit, i'd check to make sure that the coax from the satellite is tight, that the connectors didnt pull off the cable a bit, ect... if you didnt unhook anything, something just came loose most likely

Is your tv 2 working, if not you swapped the cables with the sat feed and tv 2 which is why you are not getting signal.

so did you just unplug the power cord? or did you unhook the lines coming from the satellite also? If you just unplugged the power cord and moved the reciever around a little bit, i'd check to make sure that the coax from the satellite is tight, that the connectors didnt pull off the cable a bit, ect... if you didnt unhook anything, something just came loose most likely

Yes i did just uplug it from the power outlet not the cables themselves
I have checked all connections and they are all tight

heres a good trick, swap the tv 1 and tv 2 input to the receiver, then go to menu6,1,1, do a system check switch and ill bet you get both your sat feed lines to work again.

heres a good trick, swap the tv 1 and tv 2 input to the receiver, then go to menu6,1,1, do a system check switch and ill bet you get both your sat feed lines to work again.

I have tried this and it didnt work
Under the check switch, i dont even have any satellites in there
could this be a problem?

I have tried this and it didnt work
Under the check switch, i dont even have any satellites in there
could this be a problem?

nope, that couldnt be the problem. the check switch looks to see what satellites are connected and what type of lnb/switch setup you have... you cant change what it says, it all depends on your satellite setup.

well honestly i'm not sure then, if you didnt disconnect the satellite lines then you shouldnt have a problem. as an installer i would test the line out at the dish for power, or test the line inside for a signal (with my meter) just to make sure that everything is connected and getting power.

If you feel like being ambitious and have a voltmeter you can check to make sure the lnb is recieving power from the reciever. Just go out to the dish, unhook the line that goes to the receiver you are having problems with, and see if you are getting any voltage outside. you should be getting around 18volts or so. If you arent getting anything, there is a bad connection somewhere between the reciever and the lnb. Then you move down the line, check at the ground block, if still no power test the line at the seperator, or diplexer, or wall plate... whatever you have in the line. Eventually you should be able to find where you are losing the connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)