DISH Player-DVR 625 Losing Signal

jaelae

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
New Jersey
I had my Dish installed the first week of february and it was hooked up with 3 lines. Two lines to my DIsh Player-DVR 625 in my living room (using two tuners on one tv) and the 3rd line direct to my DishDVR 510 in my bedroom. Everything has been working fine until this week.

The Dish Player-DVR 625 continuously loses signal and I am unsure if this is a problem with the dish, the cables, or the receiver itself. I am leaning towards the receiver being the problem because my 510 is working perfectly fine with zero problems and never has a signal issue. As soon as I turn on the 625, it brings me to the screen where it is trying to get a signal (and starts the progress _ of 5 steps). This completes fine all the time but this never used to come up before. As soon as it completes in a few seconds, I have a clear signal and it remains fine. However, once I change stations (mostly to the 3xx channels) it ends up erroring when trying to receive the signal to load the stations. When I try to go into the menu to check signal issues, it comes back saying that there is a problem with the Dish (but at the exact moment, my 510 is working fine on the same stations).

Also another thing that happens is, it will download programming fine within the past hour, however, if I go to see what is coming on an hour from now, it says that no information is available. If you highlight it in the guide, it asks if you would like to download the updates. If I click yes, it just sits there with no progress (I left it a few hours ago and after 4 hours, it made no progress). This is strange since if you wait until the next hour while watching tv, the guide will update the what is currently on the air, it just will not get upcoming events.

Anyone have an idea if this could just be a bad receiver that needs to be replaced? Or perhaps there is some troubleshooting I can do.

Thanks everyone!

Oops - forgot to respond!

I did do a hard reboot and Check Switch and still no luck. However, after doing a Check Switch I noticed that the signal for the 119 was 59% (good) and the 110 has an X on it saying it cannot find the satellite. I do not know if it previously saw it but I am pretty sure that it did.

Also to update the situation, my signal has suddenly dropped to a 39% yesterday which was a bright and sunny clear day. My fears are that the leaves on the trees might be causing problems (and the tech placed the satellite low on the ground on the roof of a well in order to avoid reception problems). I think that this was a bad idea and might be the cause. I will contact Dish Network when I get home later on today to see if a tech can come check it out.

Feel free to offer suggestions on anything else I should check beforehand though.

You don't say what transponders you are using. You should use 11 and 12. In any event, those signals are way too low. The dish needs to be peaked or maybe relocated if you have trees in the way. Call them and have them take a look at it. You have 90 days warranty on the installation.

I will check that -- unfortunately, it was installed 90 days ago (roughly) - I will have to verify what day though but I am afraid it maybe too late. That would suck since he placed it in a place I didn't want it to avoid a problem like this :(

Also, there is no way to know that there is a problem until spring time when the leaves start growing

I contacted Dish Network and they will be sending out a tech to check it out. They said even though it is past the 90-days, they will waive the fee do to spring foliage. NICE! The rep was incredibly nice too which was a plus.

Thanks everyone for your comments on this.

E* must be reading these forums. As of a lately, they have been very nice about waiving that trouble call fee. Good luck and hopefully they will take care of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)