Dish Please Add Cinemax HD - Star Wars is coming!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish PLEASE add Cinemax HD!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Cinemax will be showing ALL 6 StarWars Movies in HD!

'Star Wars' Going HD

Cinemax to Offer All Six Films in HD for the First Time

The "Star Wars" universe is about to make the jump to high-definition. Cinemax has made a deal with Lucasfilm to offer all six "Star Wars" movies in HD for the first time. The Time Warner-owned, premium movie cable channel plans to premiere the films in November and launch a national marketing campaign.

Read more at http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=237

Why ?? Do you mean as an incentive for them to do it ?? You can get Cinemax, which would automatically include Cinemax HD, with Dish's Bronze package. No need to go up at all.

Scott,
Did you write anybody with this request at dish?!? That would be awesome!!! I would love to have HD star wars!

-B

hall said:
Why ?? Do you mean as an incentive for them to do it ?? You can get Cinemax, which would automatically include Cinemax HD, with Dish's Bronze package. No need to go up at all.
Nope, just my thought that the only way I could get Cinemax HD would be to go up to a higher package. As in right now you can't get Bronze with the RSN (even in SD). The only way to get the RSN would be to go up to Silver (I think). This is all speculation anyway, what with Dish not having CinemaxHD.

It said there that a run on HBO after Cinemax would be most likely. either way I won't watch it . . . I've never been a fan of Star Wars . . . I would have caught Constantine in HD a month before I did though. :D

You're cold steel 'retorq'...how can a red-blooded soul having seen "Empire Strikes Back" not just love that one. Even Return would be sweet--as in, Mmmm...metal bikini in HD.

I would just be happy with more Cinemax standard def channels

rtt2 said:

Please don't take this the wrong way...but, are you insane! ;) We need another fuzzy lo-rez multiplex channel like a big hole in the head.

Seriously, Cinemax HD was actually a surprise favorite of mine back in the ole Voom days (for the two months I had it before it shut down)...it would be great to see it on E*, and even better to get it in time for a marathon of eye candy like the SW films.

I understand that a number of folks have email Eric Sohl at Dish Network asking about Cinemax HD, Eric has replied back to everyone that they are in negoations and hopes to have some good news this fall.

Please stop emailing him about this channel I think he knows we want it. :)

Thanks! :)

rtt2 said:
Unlike the other premium channels (SD), on *E Cinemax east and/or west is not broadcasting Dolby digital, does anybody know why? Hopefully if and when they decide to give CinemaxHD, they will pas it with the D.D. sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)