DISH, Please Use Us to Test Software

And when you list a bug with them they acknowledge it and immediately give you a workaround or a patch and issue an update with a list of what was fixed and what is still outstanding and ETRs for critical issues and infinitum.
If only.

The vulnerabilities exist long before you find out about them. It isn't as if every one of the issues is new with each new release.

Which of the existing features would you like to give up in order to have this function?

Everyone should start thinking of this when they think they want to request a new feature added to the Hopper, since most all recent "updates" are teaching us that we aren't allowed to have new feature(s) without at least one existing feature being fubarred in the process. I used to look forward to new features being added to play with, but to be honest, I've quit hoping for new features, because the Hopper just seems to get worse, slower, less reliable with every new thing added.

I wouldn't give up anything, the hopper has a ton of memory left and the processing power is plenty high even for something as this request.
While I'm on the subject of requests I think they should add the WatchESPN app to the list as well - would be nice to be able to now utilize this since we all have it thru our accounts to watch the app on the big screen rather than stream it to a computer. Right now I have it setup to stream it on the computer and then thru a 50ft HDMI cable to my TV but the picture isn't all that great. The watchESPN app on the hopper would be very very well accepted certainly if it broadcasted in HD which with most net connections people have that wouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't give up anything, the hopper has a ton of memory left and the processing power is plenty high even for something as this request.

My point wasn't that the Hopper hardware couldn't theoretically support such a request...my point was the high likelihood that the Dish Hopper software programmers would likely screw up something we already have in the process of making such a new request available.

(and I wasn't trying to attack your specific request :))

Just came back to Dish, have a few questions

Is the new Regular Joey available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)