Dish pointing for local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pstef

Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I was told by DirecTV that I need to use Sat. B (119) but I am having trouble getting a signal. On Sat. A I can get 90+ on the signal meter. To get Sat. B is it just a matter of moving down from the current strong signal or do I have to move my dish left/right as well? I cannot any signal at all for Sat. B. I do get a mediocre signal on Sat. C but that doesn't do me any good. The only channels I cannot receive are my locals.

Do you...

have a PhaseIII/3 LNB Dish or just a Single??? If its a single you need to upgrade, if its a PhaseIII/3 LNB you need to make sure your clear for the 3rd one.

Brand new (3 LNB) dish and receiver.

"make sure your clear for the 3rd one"? What does that mean exactly?

I think he mean that there is nothing obstructing the view of the sat. The 119 is usually harder to get because it is lower in the sky. From what I have read try to get 101 transponder 2 correctly and then the others should fit in pretty well without too much adjustment

Ditto...

There is a 20 degree spread in the sky between the 101 and the 119, depending on your location/trees/etc. you may be clear for the 101 but not the 119.

You will need to find out where the 101 is (Azimuth and Elevation) and the same for the 119, figure out if your pointing into a tree or something of that sort and if you can move the dish to pick it up:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts