Dish Pointing

bpasker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Wicked upset here :mad: , I had my dish installed in January of this year and have zero problems for a long time. Recently we've had some bad winds that have caught my dish and moved it off it's settings. Two of the angles I need to line up are relatively simple, b/c they have the protractor on them. My question with these is do I put the mark exactly at the degree or to the left or right? Is it that finiky?

Second question is about the azumeth (sp?) angle. How in god's name do you freaking set that angle :confused: ? There are no degrees on it and I am at a huge loss with it. If someone can please explain this to me in second grader terms, no joke here :( , I would greatly appreciate it.

Azimuth is what part of the southern sky you are at

180 is straight south (on your compass)

My azimuth is like 220 which west of straight south…so my dish is aimed SSW

What? so it's not the angle, protractor, looking thing that is actually bolted to my house? I have three angles I can adjust, two are behind my actualy dish bowl and the third is below the dish attached to the bracket bolted to my house. This third one isn't the azimuth? This one only go up and down.

Or, as I think about this more, is it this? Do I need to take the arm that holds my LNB and make sure that is pointing to my 205 degrees on the compass? Although I'm not sure how I can change that just yet.

99.9 percent of the time on service calls I've went to the dish was off on the azimuth. Don't mess with the skew at all or the elevation on the mast as long as its level. If not make sure the mast is level, then go inside and the point dish screen (Menu - 6- 1- 1) and get your dish settings. Go to your dish and make sure the elevation is whats its supposed to be set at. Like I said its probably the azimuth setting so you will need to move the dish from side to side very slowly with someone inside looking at the screen and on the phone with you until the signal jumps up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts