Dish PPV - Prelude to the Dream Issue

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
Hey was wondering if anyone else ordered Prelude the the Dream tonight for the race at Eldora on PPV. I ordered mine earlier in the day and set a timer for the event as I knew I would not be home. When I returned home I found that they changed the event to a different channel during the event and thus I missed all of the main event which was not recorded because I was not home to change channels. That makes me a little mad I paid $25 and didnt get to even see it. Was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Can I complain about this to dish and get anything fixed or is there nothing that can be done. Dont mean to sound like a whiner but man I was looking forward to watching only to come home to nothing recorded.

We too had the problem. When I finally got through to a real person, the race was over. They said they switched it to channel 462 (which I can't get) after people started calling. At first, they tried to tell me that I would have to pay again to see the rest of it. I was irate.......Different people, different stories. I then demanded my money back or cancel my subscription to DISH after 10 years of being a customer. They said they would credit my account for 1 month's programming, which would cover the $24.95 plus a little more....We'll see if that happens......

Last edited:
We too had the problem. When I finally got through to a real person, the race was over. They said they switched it to channel 462 (which I can't get) after people started calling. At first, they tried to tell me that I would have to pay again to see the rest of it. I was irate.......Different people, different stories. I then demanded my money back or cancel my subscription to DISH after 10 years of being a customer. They said they would credit my account for 1 month's programming, which would cover the $24.95 plus a little more....We'll see if that happens......

I saw the race wasn't going to be over at nine so tried to extend my recording farther in advance and it wouldn't let me. I was running about 8 minutes behind so I ff up to live and about 3 minutes till nine they ran across the screen to change channels to see the rest of the event to 462 or 471. I was lucky to be live and changed to 462 to see the rest of the event. This was not a good deal, they should allow an extra hour for sporting events ppv.

Had the same issue and called tonight (Friday Mid-night 12 AM) and would you believe a 20 year old female (Amber) NASCAR fan CSR took the call! She asked why I didn't just extend the time. Told her it was grayed-out on the VIP 622 DVR and couldn't. She said she had it recorded too. Asked me if I knew who won the "A" Main. I said no. Anyway, she said it was on again Friday on Channel 456 and I could watch it free this time. See it says 4 hours now, instead of 3:30. (Guide says ALL-DAY) May watch it live this time, just in case. Don't understand why it was shown on more than one channel? Happy if it works out. Thanks DISH!

I watched it at a friends house on cable and had no problems. I am glade I went over his house. He we over to watch the Indy 500 and made fun of me because I do not have NESN HD but can watch black and white monster movies in HD.

I would not have heard the end of this screwup.

Ken

What is the best action to take here to get this resolved? I am kinda torn as I want the money to go to VJG but I didnt get what I paid for. Am I mad enough to threaten to cancel? No probually not. Called in today and got someone from India, cant understand anything, think I will call back tonight or would emailing ceo be a better option?