Dish PPV problem

JohnM

Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
I have a Dish 6000. For the last several months I have not been able to order Dish PPV events. I get an error message that my credit limit has been exceeded. There is only one $3.99 movie listed in the Ordered Items screen. The phone line is, and always has been, plugged in and working. We have tried calling Dish and they have manually ordered the event we want, but have been unable to correct the problem. Every time they tell us to check the connection (test says working) and then turn off unit for 30 minutes to allow the receiver to call in. This doesn't work.

Any ideas???

Call them back and tell them YOU WANT TO GIVE THEM MONEY by ordering PPV but your reciever is not working properly.

If that does not work write ceo@echostar.com and tell him you want to GIVE THEM MONEY.

I bet your problem is resolved soon. :D

By the way John Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome

Thanks Scott. I have been lurking around since the beginning but only recently registered.

I want to make sure everything is working properly because I may sell the 6000 soon. As soon as we are through with some remodeling, I am either getting a 921 or switching to DirectTV for the 10-250. If Dish has the OTA straighted out I may stay. If not, I am switching and selling my Dish equipment.

I am having a similar problem with my 522. It is connected and the Test Connection says everything is OK (verified while on the phone with DISH and listening for the "click" in) but the receiver refuses to call home. It has not called home in nearly a month. DISH says that is, possibly, a dead or otherwise malfunctioning modem. Could be the same for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts