Dish pq vs direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And yet it does not yield a return when searched for ... talk about "vapors."
Mr. C wallet has a bad case of what the "Dinosaurs TV" show used to have on it's show. The Corp of "We Say So" and so it must be true. What I've rad from this guys sounds like he has never had a set calibrated to work correctly with the provider. Yes you have to change setting for different sources. If you don't then it isn't going to work at it's best.

Not according to my brother, who said that D* has the worst CSR's ever. I tend to agree as I used to have and work for a distributor of it.

I wouldn't say one is hands down better than the other when it comes to CSRs, but one thing that Dish does which makes for better customer service is online chat. I cannot even remember the last time I actually talked to a CSR at Dish. Between doing all my program sub changes online, to chat with Dish CSRs, to email with the DIRT team here, then is almost zero reason to ever talk to one and introduce the issue of miscommunication which is a problem for all customer service organizations.

With D*, you literally have to talk to them on the phone to do anything but add programming. Not a good way to do it, imo.

I calibrate.. fanboy... you can spend as much time as you want polishing a turd, but in the end you're still polishing a turd.

Picture Quality Comparisons [Archive] - SatelliteGuys.US

DIRECTV - MPEG-2 on 101W:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6209/dtvgrass.jpg (ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting)

The DIRECTV image above is soft and lacking details, but there's no edge enhancement (including no artificial sharpening of edges that are supposed to be somewhat soft like the tree branch in the upper-left corner), no distracting distortion, no color damage, and no chroma shifting that I can see. Far less mosquito noise as well. With its many problems, the Dish WA image may still look more detailed in some areas by comparison, but most (not all) of this comes from the edge enhancement brightening/darkening and/or merging details and/or artificially sharpening edges so that some things stick out more than they normally would.

SD resolutions dropping on 110W [Archive] - SatelliteGuys.US
Tons of the SD channels on Dish, mostly those on 119W, have had excessive softening and edge enhancement applied to them.

The best picture I ever got on Dish was a college basketball game.. they must have let that feed slip through before stripping, compressing and robbing the crap out of it. It almost looked 3D.

I calibrate.. fanboy... you can spend as much time as you want polishing a turd, but in the end you're still polishing a turd.

SD resolutions dropping on 110W [Archive] - SatelliteGuys.US

The best picture I ever got on Dish was a college basketball game.. they must have let that feed slip through before stripping, compressing and robbing the crap out of it. It almost looked 3D.

Says the Directv fanboy.

Who did the calibration? Mine was done by someone with a degree in broadcast engineering. If you play with it yourself w/o the appropriate equipment or the correct reference then it will be crap. Just look in the mirror fan boy I bet you need to change your turd carrying diaper. LOL

I wouldn't say one is hands down better than the other when it comes to CSRs, but one thing that Dish does which makes for better customer service is online chat. I cannot even remember the last time I actually talked to a CSR at Dish. Between doing all my program sub changes online, to chat with Dish CSRs, to email with the DIRT team here, then is almost zero reason to ever talk to one and introduce the issue of miscommunication which is a problem for all customer service organizations.

With D*, you literally have to talk to them on the phone to do anything but add programming. Not a good way to do it, imo.

That is a nice feature to have in times of the year that you just want to downgrade you dont have to state your reasons why, that does bug me a bit with Direct, really cant make any changes on the Direct website unless you are adding

3HaloODST said:
No offense, but I have seen a couple of posts of yours stating that U-verse has just as good of a picture as DISH. I had both at one point and there is a DEFINITE difference between the two. U-verse HD is atrocious. It is only a small step above SD. Any time there is fast motion there is macroblocking that is VERY distracting. DISH and U-verse HD are night and day IMO.

So based on your conclusion about U-verse, again, no offense, but I take your D*/E* HD claims with a grain of salt. I have seen D* and I agree with most of the people in this topic in that D* has slightly better PQ than E*.

Sorry you feel that way. It's all fun. But since I have had all three services as recently as a month ago, I can talk with authority about what I see.
So, since you have no idea who I am I'll pay no attention to your above slight. No offense.

Things change in this business. I've seen uverse grow and improve. They have changed lines and have done massive work in my area to make improvements.
There HD pq has improved where they are really on par with dish.
It's what I see.

I tell it like I see it.
Plus I'm sure uverse is not the same all over.

To 3Halo. Keep it nice. This is all subject.
All the best.

I still follow U-verse. I actually still have U-verse Internet (24/3.) I know for a fact that U-verse TV has not changed since I had it (still 5.7Mbps CBR H.264.) I also know that U-verse is at it's limits as far as pushing bandwidth down AT&T's antiquated phone lines. I know that less than 10% of U-verse subscribers are on FTTP and even then they are artificially limited to less bandwidth than FTTN users (30/3.6 vs 32/5.) I know that FTTP users can't even get 24/3 Internet, and are limited to 18/1.5. I know that only so much data can fit through these little pipes. This is one of many reasons I dropped U-verse TV. When you are watching multiple HD streams (some places are limited to only 2 HD streams, others are limited to 3 or 4,) it will slow down the Internet portion, as they are sharing the same narrow pipe. I know that AT&T is more focused on increasing the amount of HD streams than they are on improving their HD quality. I know that U-verse PQ is the same no matter where you are.

So yeah, it might be subjective, but if you consider U-verse HD to be on par with DISH, I suggest that you see an optometrist, or get a better TV.

Again.
Refrain from insults. This is all subjective.
My vision is perfect and brand new equipment.
I stand by my statements.

It may be subjective to you but video analyzers will disagree with you on that. Red is red and a specific wave length and freq. to make it a true red etc. Same with all other colors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)