Dish Price Freeze

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
DISH Network Freezes Prices On Most Popular Packages

DVR Customers Lock in Prices and Save

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan 7, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network(r) (Nasdaq:DISH) today announced a freeze on pricing for its most popular programming packages, including the DishDVR Advantage. In addition, new and current DISH Network customers can take advantage of several new promotions and save even more on their monthly bills.

"DISH Network offers customers the best DVRs and programming available via our DishDVR Advantage packages starting at $39.99 per month -- a price we're freezing until February 2009," said Jessica Insalaco, senior vice president and Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network.

DISH Network's DishDVR Advantage packages includes the America's Top 100 or 200 programming package including local channels, plus a free two-room DVR and standard professional installation for $39.99 or $49.99 depending on the programming package selected. Customers who subscribe to the DishDVR Advantage package with America's Top 200 can upgrade to America's Top 250 Bonus Pack for just an additional $10 per month.

DISH Network's HD DVRs consistently outperform other DVRs on the market -- including TiVo, as reviewed by CNET -- in terms of functionality, design, image quality, and features such as a 30-second skip button. Plus, new DISH Network customers can get the industry-leading ViP722 HD DVR for free, giving them access to more than 75 national HD channels.

DISH Network's DishFAMILY package, with 40 of the most popular family-friendly channels, will continue to be available for the same non-promotional price of $19.99 per month. In addition to DISH Network's price freezes, the company is offering three months free programming to new customers, as well as waived activation fees and our DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) free for nine months.

"With the lowest all-digital price in America, plus more ways to save and top-of-the-line products, DISH Network is always looking out for our customers when it comes to quality, innovation and value," Insalaco said.

For more information about DISH Network's programming packages including the DishDVR Advantage or DVR technology, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Does this mean we are getting no more HD channels, so they are
freezing the prices to match the frozen channel lineups?
That's my take on the matter. Actually, you'll probably get a stripped-down version of DishHD for the same price. It's not a bad deal for those not requiring VOOM and HD channels that do not have a corresponding SD channel in the AT100/200/250 lineup. To sum it up...it looks like AEP customers get hosed while DVR Advantage customers get a fair shake. Unfortunately, it looks as though all customers will continue to be served a cold shoulder of DishHD-Lite.:(

Expecting to hear a lot more from E* this week.

This increase isn't the big deal. In another 2 or 3 years I suspect HD-duplicate channels will be thrown in to all basic programming package as part of a general price increase. THAT will be the one everyone screams about!

So, basically, if you do the DVR advantage, for AT100, it costs $2 more and that covers your DVR fee. For AT200 and AT250, if you go with DVR advantage, the DVR fee is totally waived (the cost with and without are the same).

I never have figured out what DVR advantage is.
I have the 250 Everything pak, plus locals. I only get the everything pak, to avoid the extra charge for DVR service.
Am I missing something?

I assume he was joking based on the ";)" in his message...

There is a "subtle" difference, but it's not really a joke. I went from a leased 622 and an owned 311 to a leased 622 and a leased 722. My monthly cost increase? $0.00. In addition, you get DHPP and no Feb. 2008 price increase, if I understand it correctly.

Brad

So, it's a real thing then, interesting. Maybe I should jump on that since I'll be paying $94.98 after Feb 1, and for the $94.99 you're paying, I could get DHPP included.

Does it require some CSR roulette to find someone who knows what the heck the DVR Advantage - AEP is?

DISH Network Freezes Prices On Most Popular Packages

DVR Customers Lock in Prices and Save

"DISH Network offers customers the best DVRs and programming available via our DishDVR Advantage packages starting at $39.99 per month -- a price we're freezing until February 2009," said Jessica Insalaco, senior vice president and Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network.

What's the big deal about this? This is just saying we're not gong to raise prices for a year. They've raised prices every February for the last few years. How is this a "Big announcement"? They're just saying we're going to freeze prices until the next scheduled price increase in Feb 2009. Whoop-de-do. :rolleyes:

So, it's a real thing then, interesting. Maybe I should jump on that since I'll be paying $94.98 after Feb 1, and for the $94.99 you're paying, I could get DHPP included.

Does it require some CSR roulette to find someone who knows what the heck the DVR Advantage - AEP is?

It didn't for me. I was talking to an obviously-Indian woman named "Trish," and I couldn't get her to understand that I could, indeed, self-install the 722. After I asked to talk to her supervisor, she put me on hold for a minute and then came back on and said they'd ship the unit out to me. So, I wasn't completely sure that the transaction had gone well until I got the bill and saw that, without asking, she had put me on the Advantage AEP. Good-ol' Trish knew what she was doing, after all!

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)