Dish Price Increase Comming!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Umm that was this years increase. Next year is 2005.

Dish will not raise prices until March.

Oops! My bad. Corrected the date. :eek:

NightRyder

Scott Greczkowski said:
Umm that was this years increase.
"This Year's" increase was:
AT60 +$0
AT60 Plus +$0
AT120 +$1 (AT120 w/Locals +$0)
AT180 +$2
Everything Package +$3

When the next increase comes it is in addition to last year's (of course).
I hope we see plenty of new channels to sooth the nerves of those getting increases. Oxygen, CSTV, Encore MoviePlex and CNN International would be a good start. Yes, E* has added a few channels over the past year with no immediate increase, but our memories are short enough that we need more! :D

JL

The satellite and cable companies should all team together and tell the content companies to go pound sand with their unjustified rate increases.

The problem there is that more and more the content and distribution companies are the same company. Anti-trust action anyone?

Any price increase for HBO, or the HD pack?

I don't subscribe to anything else.

If you want your voices heard, just drop the sd channels. :bounce

I would guess that AEP has been going up more than the other packages the past few years to make up for when the movie packages AND basic packages go up at the same time so that the AEP package dont have a double whammy price increase of $3+$4 for example.

This price increase is about the same as it was last year, and the year before! This doesn't really bother me, but Dish's lack of customer care, crappy equipment, and etc. Is only getting crappier with a price increase!! Give me something that warrants a price increase and I will be happy!

justdaved said:
The satellite and cable companies should all team together and tell the content companies to go pound sand with their unjustified rate increases.

The problem there is that more and more the content and distribution companies are the same company. Anti-trust action anyone?
Won't ever happen, the reason why, as long as people pay for paid TV, prices will increase. That is just the way it is, just like as long as you use gas for your car oil will go up!

I am afraid I have about 90 days left with Dish... With the Dish price increase and cable price decrease (surprising but it can happen), I will be switching to cable. I will leave the dishes up on the roof just in case Dish does something exciting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts