DISH Price Increases

Mine has changed as well. Equipment and other fees were grandfathered but the programming increased ($8 for AEP). I thought Scott said the America's plans were also going to be grandfathered?

And apparently, the price increase isn't the only thing they don't tell you about. While in there I noticed I was given 2 PPV certificates back on 12/24/15 which I don't recall ever getting a notice about. Nothing like giving an "incentive" and then keeping it a secret. My excitement about the H3 is quickly wearing off. :oldfrown

While in there I noticed I was given 2 PPV certificates back on 12/24/15 which I don't recall ever getting a notice about. Nothing like giving an "incentive" and then keeping it a secret.
They used to, and maybe stopped doing it, sent an email telling you about the PPV certificates. They have ended up in my SPAM folder in the past as well.

Looks like we will get 1 month free of the epix channels due to the increase.
dish2.jpg
dish 1.jpg

Yet another offer that does nothing for someone who already is spending the money for it.
Me either, but there are plenty who will appreciated it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

Me either, but there are plenty who will appreciated it. "You can't please ALL the people, ALL the time!"

Agreed. But's let's face it, it isn't a thank you. It is an enticement to get people to try and hopefully stay on and pay for it. If it was a thank you, those of us who are now spending close to $200 a month would be getting more than two PPV coupons that they didn't even tell us about.

Agreed. But's let's face it, it isn't a thank you. It is an enticement to get people to try and hopefully stay on and pay for it. If it was a thank you, those of us who are now spending close to $200 a month would be getting more than two PPV coupons that they didn't even tell us about.
Everybody has their own definition of "entitlement".

Reactions: navychop
Actually Dish does give the people whom subscribe a 50% off discount.
Just go and cancel your service, and the option will be there.
I haven't paid full price in 7 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm tired of the increases and the only reason I stay is because of the live sports. I like dish and the hopper but before we know it the top 200 package will be $100 alone before equipment is added in if Dish increases their packages every year. I know they're not all to blame as its these owners of these stations that contribute to it as well.

I'm tired of the increases and the only reason I stay is because of the live sports. I like dish and the hopper but before we know it the top 200 package will be $100 alone before equipment is added in if Dish increases their packages every year. I know they're not all to blame as its these owners of these stations that contribute to it as well.
And live sports are helping to drive the hikes. Disney needs to pay themselves back for bidding $100 million per MNF football game! It is definitely driving towards a threshold of needing to cut for many.

It could be argued that while prices are increasing, our access to programming has increased with it. You can stream a lot of programming on demand these days, something not available five years ago.

Reactions: STDog
Actually Dish does give the people whom subscribe a 50% off discount.
Just go and cancel your service, and the option will be there.
I haven't paid full price in 7 months.
Troch77 do you cancel the day before your bill is due, day of, or day after, or how do you do it so that it coincides with your billing cycle?

Understood, but do you pick a certain date in the billing cycle so that it doesn't complicate your billing so much. Last time I did it with the BBAH (now Movie Pack I guess) the bill was so complicated from the partial billing cycles at one rate and then when it reverted back to regular is seemed I paid more than a month's regular price on the month it went back to regular price. I know that is a poor explanation, but I'm not sure how else to explain it. Thanks.

Dish pro-rates almost everything and they're also charging you in advance, so yes, it can look confusing on your bill. You can start/stop it on a specific date, your billing cycle date, if you wish. Stopping something is easy to do that way, but what if you want to add package "x" right now ? Will you wait potentially 29-30 days to do it ?

It doesn't cost anything more .
As already stated you already pay in advance for your service.
So they charge you from the day you added the service till the next billing cycle, and then a full month of service for it when your bill arrives.
If you look at the bill I posted you will see that change.

Dish doesn't do that billing bull crap that Directv does.
When you add a premium to direct , it drops the other premiums you have, and then adds them back with the new one.
Then it shows credits applied, and new charges applied.
That is confusing when trying to see what you're being charged.
I hated this billing system.
And I bet the still do it.

Dish just shows you your prorated charge.
Very simple.

Reactions: david_jr
Second receiver fee going up to 14 from 5? I pay it because I don't have a telephone land line, which is bull anyway. That means my bill is going up 14 a month? Time to start exploring options me thinks?

Bob

Second receiver fee going up to 14 from 5? I pay it because I don't have a telephone land line, which is bull anyway. That means my bill is going up 14 a month? Time to start exploring options me thinks?

Bob

That phone line fee was done away with long ago, call in and get that removed

Well the price increases pushed me over the edge. I signed up for Dish back in April of 1997. Old model 4000 that I bought outright and installed myself. Talked five other relatives into Dish. Used to dutifully watch the Charlie Chats, and cheered at the one or two new channels that we would occasionally get. Love them or hate them, corny or not, the guys seemed to care about their customers. DeFranco and Ergen were different. Dish was different. It wasn't like the "cable company". No fees if you bought your own receivers. Lower than the norm programming costs. Then slowly over time, Dish lost what made Dish so good. Dish BECAME the cable company, foreign "help line" people with heavy accents and all. Nickel and dime-ing people to death with fees. No more Charlie, either. He got super rich and decided he didn't need to be the guy that used to drive over the mountain with a "big-dish" in the back of a truck to install at some guy's house. Didn't need to be the Charlie Chat guy anymore. Bye guys. Goodbye Dish...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)