Dish Pro Plus 64 Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeJ

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I read on the Team Summit thread that Echostar announced a new DPP 64 switch for six satellite locations and four receivers. I need this switch. Where can I obtain one. I need to get 61.5 110 119 129 and 148. Currently I have a lead from 148 hanging unconnected. If I need 148 I remove 61.5 and connect 148 and have to do a switch check.

This new switch will really help me.

Please enlighten us and justify your need for all those sats, cause I could have fun shooting them down.

And there's the ability to get 5 satellites now, it requires adding a dp21 for each receiver out you want to have 5 on...

I do believe it WILL come out because of the ever increasing number of satellite locations. Hopefully six is all that we will ever need. They should try to develop some new types of dishes like the phased arrays that can look at multiple locations at the same time to reduce the size. Don't that that will happen though before IPTV will be the norm.

BFG said:
Please enlighten us and justify your need for all those sats, cause I could have fun shooting them down.

And there's the ability to get 5 satellites now, it requires adding a dp21 for each receiver out you want to have 5 on...
Well, usually. ;)

But there ARE fringe cases where 6 is needed. Sky Angel (61.5) Core (110 & 119) I'nat'l (118.7 or 121), HD or certain SD locals (129), and finally, 148 for the west coast CBS-HD feed (can't think of any other reason offhand). :)

Oh - and just to clarify, the 5-bird trick requires a DP21 for each TUNER, not receiver. You lose the DPPlus (Separator) capability when using a DP21.

SimpleSimon said:
Well, usually. ;)

But there ARE fringe cases where 6 is needed. Sky Angel (61.5) Core (110 & 119) I'nat'l (118.7 or 121), HD or certain SD locals (129), and finally, 148 for the west coast CBS-HD feed (can't think of any other reason offhand). :)
dish should make a dish 6000 for those few special 6 bird setup cusomers:)

the DPP33 and the DP64 ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO DEALERS YET. Mid-states distributing which handles the upper midwest does not have them yet and doesnt know when they will get their first shipment.

JPointerWI said:
the DPP33 and the DP64 ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO DEALERS YET. Mid-states distributing which handles the upper midwest does not have them yet and doesnt know when they will get their first shipment.
I haven't heard of a DPP33. I believe the D1000.2 wil have an integrated DPP43 (the 3 eyes on the D1000, plus an input port for a wing), but I haven't heard of a DPP33 at all.

Posted by Scott:

"Next he shows us a new DP PLUS 33 Switch. The DPP33 will look at 3 orbital locations, is non cascadable and has no power supply, this will allow for single cable installations to Dish Pro Plus receivers at much less cost over a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch."

Hope that helps.

Scott Greczkowski said:
These switches will not be available until fall.

I know the DPP33 switch goes into a test production run soon.

I will try and order the DPP 64 switch in the fall. Thanks for all the info.

I need the switch so I can get CBS HD West on 148 and the programs I subscribe to on 61.5, 110, 119 and 129.

Right now I can only get CBD HD West when I disconnect 61.5 and hook up 148 and run a check switch.

The new DPP 64 switch will let me have all five satellites hooked up.

We are getting to the same situation with DISH as we had with C Band, many satellites. I still have my ten foot C-Band dish in my back yard. It moves to each satellite but it is slow, If you were watching a program on one end of the satellite arc and wanted to switch to a program on a satellite on the other end you had to wait while the dish moved. Very hard to channel surf.

Actually, as BFG already said if you can minimize the number of tuners that need 5 birds, you can use DP21s to hook that in.

Each tuner requires one, and that means a feed from the least-needed bird for each tuner. If we're just talking about one dual-tuner box that's NOT using DPPlus to share the cable, it's plenty easy to do.

SimpleSimon said:
:D Somebody needs to photoshop that crazy looking reflector & LNB arms. :)

You don't need photoshop for that, see the way we do it in Europe:cool:

Regards..

Attachments

• 645246-t1.jpg
    645246-t1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 267
Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I would think that a DPP46 would be of more value; 4 inputs; 6 outputs.

Now, if Dish would get wise and allow for an antenna input with integrated diplexors it would be even better. 3rd party switches from a number of vendors are available for DirecTV that allow this.

Sorry, I'm in a ranting mood this AM.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)