Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Proud Stiff Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Maryland
I called the Tech Forum and asked when the DPP LNB would be available. The transferred me to the appropriate contact. She said that it is currently available, but must be purchased via retailer. Later in the chat, it was indicated that the DPP LNB was begining to ship.

So my questions are:

1. DishStore.net availabilty?
2. Price?
3. Any tech specs?

Cyclone.

Seems like they will tell you anything to get you off the phone.

The Dish Pro Plus Twin is NOT avaiable yet.

On last weeks Retailer Chat they said that they hoped to have them available by the next Retailer chat (in 3 weeks)

As soon as they begin to ship you can bet DishStore will carry them. :)

Hey, will this just outright replace my existing Legacy Twin LNB? Somebody posted somewhere the that Dish (the pan) itself is different between Legacy and DP LNBs. I dismissed that as BS, but want some reassurance.

Oh, and for the 61.5 slot, can I use just a regular DP LNB, or will there be a DPP lnb that I'll need for that?

Does anyone have any pictures of the DPP LNB? Do they look just like the DP?

We haven't been able to get any on the RSP level yet... I'm waiting with baited breath.

I have another question. Does the DPP LNB require a power inserter like the DPP44?

Thats one more reason this thing should have hit the streets before the DPP44 did.

Oh, and one more thing. The DPP LNB will not require a DP adapter to allow my Dish 6000 to work with it? It has Legacy support?

I have a weatherproof box that my switch sits in. The box itself has power in it (it was made for sprinkler controllers) and I had planned on putting the power inserter for the DPP44 in the box...but that damn thing is HUGE!

No mention of the DPP Dual LNB on Todays chat. So looks like they are still delayed.

As soon as we hear something we will let you know.

Im expecting a big order of DPP Twins in on Tuesday, Possibly Wednesday depending on what day they deliver my order.

There will be an announcement posted here and they will also be on the Dishpro section of the store.

Price will be $99 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts