Dish pro plus lnb

trussme

Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
Space
I am trying to set up 3 receivers to a 2 dish system one dish with a single lnb gets 61.5 the other sat is a DPP twin lnb with 3 connections called 1.2.lnb ive verified that 1,2 go to the receivers and the one marked lnb is connected to the 61.5 sat lnb. can i use this setup for 3 receivers or do i have to replace the dpp twin I also have a dpsw34 switch to use? thanks in advance for any help!

You either have to Buy, A DPP44 and use it right with the setup you have right now. ,
Or you can Buy a DP33, But the 33 needs a Dish "Pro LNB setup","" It won't work with the Pro Plus LNB"".
http://www.dishstore.net/popup_image.php?pID=303

That allow 3 receiver Hookups,and still allows a single wire to each of your receivers.
You can use a your DP34, But you have to run 2 Wires for Each DVR and use a DP Twin or Duad LNB .

Last edited:
on the dpptwin right now there are 3 wires 1 going to the 722 and 1 going to the 301 and the 3rd wire goes to the 61.5 sat i would guess to use the dp34 i would connect the 61,5 sat to the dp34 sat in now on the dpptwin witch input would i use to get the 110.119 signal to the dp34 switch 1,2 or lnb?

Then you need to run 2 wires from the DP 34 to your 722 ,Take off the seperator,and run the 2 wires direct. You still need 2 wires even if your only using the 722 in one room.
The run another wire from your DP34 to the 301
do the same for the second 301.

You will also have to replace the dpp tw with a dp twin or two dp duals/singles going to the dp 34sw. If you don't you will experience problems. Good luck.

I would have just bought a DPP44 switch and been done. Yes they can be Pricey, But I I've seen then on Ebay for less then $100, and they are well worth it since you can keep your Single wire and has room for 4 DVRs

Last edited:
im confused about one thing when dn setup the systum they only ran one cable to the 722 and one to the 311 what does the 722 need the other cable for?

im confused about one thing when dn setup the systum they only ran one cable to the 722 and one to the 311 what does the 722 need the other cable for?

722 is a dual tuner receiver and needs both inputs connected. With Dish Pro, you run two coax lines to the receiver, with Dish Pro Plus, you only need one coax run to a DPP Separator which feeds both tuners. The DPP Separator will not work with Dish Pro equipment.

Because its a dual tuner receiver. Your removing DPP setup with a DP setup. Its no longer a single wire system when using a DP34.
You need a DPP44
Or a DP33 with a DishPro Twin or Quad LNB to keep it a single wire setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)