Dish Pro to a Dish 322

waterboyrrhs

Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
NC
Hey i am new to it all and i have a Dish 500 with a dish pro dule lnb on it and i am wanting to use a dish 322 reciver. Do i have to run both rg-6 cables from the dish to the reciver or can i tie them togeather and then split them back up at the reciver?

Thank you ahead of time

No, you can never tie cables together like that. But if your "dual" is really a DishPro Plus Twin, you can indeed run a single cable to a 322 via a thing called a "separator". A separator should come with your 322 for this purpose.

Try Menu 6-1-3 (if my memory is right) and read off the device line and report back here.

Does it matter if i plan on only useing it for one tv i know it will do two?
No, that won't matter, but the dual-tuner receivers I have had all want to "see" the satellites on both tuners or they complain A LOT. ;)

BTW - is there a Swap button on your remote? Maybe you have a "single" mode...

The 322 receivers do not have a "single" or "dual" mode on them. So unfortunately he will not be able to utilize PIP as you can in single mode on dual tuner DVR receivers.

Yea and does it matter what line goes to what port on the back of the box?
No, it does not matter which cable goes to which satellite tuner input jack. But you didn't answer the menu-6-1-3 question. If in fact you have two Dish Pro dual LNBs, rather than a single Dish Pro twin, then you're in trouble because you will need an external switch.

No, just do the Check Switch exercise, and it will then know how to control whatever switch it sees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)