Dish problems, slow to get tech out.

B_Kranski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2007
Holmen, WI
I am wondering how long is a standard time for a dish tech. to come out and service a reception issue? My satalite signal went out last night and is all clear outside (very cold though) about 10-15 below zero. The install is less then 6 months old. I have zero sats showing up and ran a check switch. All failing. So I Called Dish and asked them what to do and they said as long as I have already ran the check switch there isnt much more to do. I asked them how long it would take to get an tech out here. They said a full week. Not only that they want to charge me $30 to get the service guy out here even with the home protection plan. I guess maybe I should ask people here as to what they think. Is one week standard if the not able to aquire sat signal to wait to get a tech out. I am assuming that a girl downstairs is also having problems since we are both on the same sat dish. As a side note I have looked at the cabling and the dish itself everything looks good on the outside, don't have access to the cable switch box since it is an apartment. Anyone here any suggestions? One week without dish would just about test my paitiance to no end. I watch about 3-8 hours of t.v. per day. Not only that but Packers game is on tomorrow night. Thanks for any suggestions in advance, Bill

The $29.99 service call fee is written into the DHPP contract so that is standard. As DirectDishNet asked give us some information if you want help, otherwise be patient and wait the week.

Looks like I shot the gun a bit. Did some more investigating of the wires outside. I noticed that there was a new wire coming off the dish, other then what me and the other gal had. So I searched through all them wires and located where the installer must have disconected the cable from ours to test the sat location. Well he/she never out the cable back into the switch. So I do have to apploigize for sounding like the world ws coming to an end. (well maybe not that harsh), and all this was probley caused by someone not wanting to verify that everything was back to where it should be. I am going to retighten the cable properly, only hand tightened now. Dont want to have weather issues down the road of water getting into the switch. Thanks for the quick replies though, Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts