Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, DISH Acquisition Holding Corporation, is withdrawing its tender offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Class A Common Stock of Clearwire Corporation (“Clearwire”), including any shares of Class A Common Stock issued in respect of outstanding shares of Class B Common Stock, for $4.40 per share. DISH’s tender offer provided that it could be withdrawn, among other reasons, as a result of the recent change in recommendation by Clearwire.

Maybe Charlie was in this game just to run up the ante for the other players and weaken their position in the future.

If t- mobile accepts his offer does that mean he comes in and gets rid of the structure they have now ? Or is it just ownership in the company ?

If Charlie keeps getting rejected by cellphone operators, soon there will not be any one left and Dish will be SOL.

If t- mobile accepts his offer does that mean he comes in and gets rid of the structure they have now?

What offer?

BTW - I disagree that a cell-phone takeover would automatically mean deep cuts in management. IMHO Charlie needs existing expertise in running a full-blown nationwide cell phone company.

T Mobile is the only option left unless Charlie sells to ATT.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323393804578559223394519016.html

IF Charlie doesn't get T-Mobile , I could see Charlie selling out DISH to ATT ,but only if he has no other options. I do seem to remember that in the recent past he wanted to start a internet streaming only version of his tv service and with it he could do ala cart. But I don't know if he still wants to do that. Charlie might be ready to retire and take the $$ and run. I have seen a complete loss in enthusiasm by Charlie towards DISH in the last few years. He used to love to do Charlie Chats and you felt like something good would be coming around the corner,but now he doesn't even do those any more.

He's not in day to day mgmt anymore. So no more CC.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I remember Charlie Chat days. I wonder if those will start again (maybe a webcast this time) if he gets a good internet/cell service going.

So now on to T-Mobile for old Charlie.

I bet Dish is negotiating with Deutsche Telekom right now, and were probably negotiating while they were talking to Sprint. The problem is that AT&T bid $39 billion for T-Mobile with a $4 billion dollar breakup fee, which is far more than what Dish (and Softbank) offered for Sprint.

Wow, that is a lot more than what was offered to Sprint. Charlie should have raised the bid a bit more. Now he might have to pay a lot more for a company that is not worth near as much.

Charlie may end up looking like the smartest guy in the room. Here's why Charlie got SoftBank to pay way more thus raising the value of his assets. I would not be surprised if dish sold there 46Mhz and tired to merger with directv again this time they perhaps could pull it off. The combined companies growth would come from emerging markets.

I bet Dish is negotiating with Deutsche Telekom right now, and were probably negotiating while they were talking to Sprint. The problem is that AT&T bid $39 billion for T-Mobile with a $4 billion dollar breakup fee, which is far more than what Dish (and Softbank) offered for Sprint.

Which means that Charlie may never get into the cell phone business at all then, if no t-mobile. I guess that means a sell out to someone else or a merger with Directv -if it is allowed this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)