DISH Pulls Plug on NimbleTV Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"....That people who pay for their TV service should have the right to watch when and how they want to.”

Shoulda coulda woulda. I'm sure the content owners have no intentions of allowing another pig at the trough, unless that pig pays. Not enough that Dish pays.....

That's a better article. But Dish ain't OTA and Nimble ain't Aereo. Distinct difference.

Here is the thing Nimble is not giving you DISH service and hooking it up to a Slingbox. They have their own software which pulls the DISH channels from its own internal headend. So how many DISH accounts are feeding the service so it can run? Someone told me that they used the service and one of the things they liked about it was they have recorded 9 shows at the same time with no problem.

I don't think DISH would have a problem if Nimble was giving one receiver per account to watch and control via Slingbox, but that's not what is happening here. In the back room they might have 100 receivers each tuned to a dedicated station... but out of those 100 receivers how many thousands of customers are watching the same thing at the same time?

If NimbleTV gets away with this then really ANYONE can think they can resell their favorite channel which they pay for on DISH (Or DIRECTV.. cable etc.) and put them online for people to watch and charge them a subscription fee.

What NimbleTV is doing is in direct violation of the DISH User Agreement. And I do feel that DISH cutting them off was the proper thing to do.

Its a website you go to and register, and then get to watch live TV on your PC or Roku.

The service they were using for programming was DISH. But DISH pulled the plug on them for unauthorized resale of the DISH signals.

If they are dumb enough to have more than one sub per receiver/account, then it's pretty obvious theft. That would explain the low price though.

I doubt content owners would go for it and even some countries would get huffy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Scott explained it perfectly. Aero is one antenna for each individual account. If Nimble used one receiver per account, Dish might actually support that. No doubt many were watching each receiver.

Dish was probably under pressure from content providers that were blaming Dish for Nimble's internet retransmission of their products.

Good thought, if not directly blaming, then asking them to do something about it.

If Nimble were to have become successful then Dish would have wanted to offer that type of service themselves. This reminds me of when Dish offered a short term preview of the tv service through the internet perhaps 24 hours or so a year or two ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)