Dish PVR508

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CRobin78

Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
I have an old Dish PVR508 with a nearly full harddrive that I'm looking to replace soon. Either by upgrading to a new Dish HD system or to AT&T uVerse. Before I do either I'd like to get some of my recordings off my old PVR508. Does anybody know if there is anyway to get the files off the PVR508 as "files" similar to any other *.mpeg video you'd download off the net. Or do I have to hook the PVR508 up to a VCR, DVD recorder or PC (with video capture) and record real time!? recording 60+hrs real time will be a royal pain that is why I ask if anyone knows of a way to get the recordings off the old PVR508 as files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:welcome Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome

Glad to have you aboard! To answer your question the content on the drives in E*'s DVR's are locked to that drive and there is no way to easily extract the information. You can hook your 508 to either a VCR or DVD burner, but as you said that will take some time. The other thing you could do (providing your TV or set-up can accommodate it) is leave the 508 connected (the satellite feeds can be disconnected and the receiver de-activated) and watch those recordings on a different input on your TV. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts