Dish re-alignment question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lowe41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Hello,

I have an AT-9 dish and an H20-600 box.I have had some pixelation problems lately, so a tech came out today to realign or fine tune my dish. Well, I just wanted to run the signal meter numbers by you guys and ask question or two about them, I just don't think they sound right to me, but I am no professional.
Satellite--signal strength
110--68? transponders- strength( 8-69, 10-75, and 12-70 )
101--82
119--87
103--80 (the sound makes it sound a lot slower, not sure why the beeps sound like its should be in the 50's)

The tech told me this was the best he could do and that is fine with me if its the best everyone gets, but I still get some pixelation.
One of my questions is why is 110's signal strength so much lower than the others? Is that common? I am sure its the reason for my pixelation problems on certain channels ie ESPN2.
Secondly, if it is a problem, can it be realigned? I have a clear line of sight to the sky.
Lastly, what should these numbers look like in a normal setup? Similar to this?
Thanks in advance

In general these look OK - the H20 meter reads about 20 points lower than other receivers so 60s to 70s is about what you normally get for a strong signal.

What concerned me is that 3 of 4 are in the 80's and one is in the high 60's. Like I said, I am no expert at this, but wouldn't sat. 110 be between 101 and 119? If they are at a similar strength, why would 110 be at the same or a similar level? Is it the tilt angle of the dish? I am very curious to know.

Not all sats, or more specifically the transponders on each sat, are transmitted at the same exact power levels; from my understanding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)