CATEGORY:
Programming
Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:14 pm MDT
DATELINE:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
PUBLIC COMPANY INFORMATION:
NASDAQ:
DISH
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH Network L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), has reached a multi-year agreement with TEGNA for carriage of the broadcaster’s local channels in 38 markets. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

For a list of affected stations, visit https://dishnetwork.newshq.businesswire.com/document-library/tegna-station-list.

Reactions: TheKrell
I think dish lost on this

Not a chance in H*** on this one. Some other disputes it may not be as clear. DISH is a company who let AMC go dark, let Fox News go black, and various other multi local owned companies, among others. I don't think Tegna was a challenge.

Yes...a local issue; and not necessarily NBC. In Washington DC, was the CBS affiliate. I was watching the DC Fox channel (Washington vs. Atlanta), but thought it was no coincidence that CBS came back shortly after the 1 pm game. I'm sure they were getting slammed by football fans.

Tegna, Dish end blackout and form new multi-year carriage deal
Oct 12 2015, 00:14 ET | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor
Tegna (NYSE:TGNA) affiliates returned to Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) lineups Sunday after the two companies reached a multi-year carriage agreement, ending a weekend blackout.Some 46 stations had gone dark in 38 markets after a couple of extensions from a Sept. 30 deadline failed to result in a deal. But as often is the case, Sunday football likely played a part in the two coming to a deal, with a number of NFL markets (including Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, St. Louis, Minneapolis and Seattle) among the blacked out.Tegna is the largest independent owner of CBS and NBC affiliates, and the fourth-largest owner of ABC affiliates. http://seekingalpha.com/news/282245...-form-new-multi-year-carriage-deal#email_link

DISH REACHES RETRANSMISSION CONSENT AGREEMENT WITH TEGNA

CATEGORY:
Programming
Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:14 pm MDT
DATELINE:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
PUBLIC COMPANY INFORMATION:
NASDAQ:
DISH
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH Network L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), has reached a multi-year agreement with TEGNA for carriage of the broadcaster’s local channels in 38 markets. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

For a list of affected stations, visit https://dishnetwork.newshq.businesswire.com/document-library/tegna-station-list.
In light of recent statements made by FCC Chair Tom Wheeler regarding the FCC's look into rights of exclusivity, this quick settlement comes as no surprise.
I do not think for a nannosecond that any broadcaster wants the FCC to have an incentive to send out auditors and other investigators to determine if a change in Exclusivity regulations are needed.

Reactions: long_time_DNC
I'm about 95% sure that SNF played a role in how quickly this dispute was resolved. The NFL can be rather formidable and it's possible they told TEGNA to settle the dispute before the evening game...and it likely didn't hurt Dish either that it was resolved quickly. Of course, it likely won't help our bills next year either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts