dish receiver doesnt connect to satellites

Did 3 sat test, still doesnt detect switch. I had problem about 4 months ago, unplugged for the 4 months, and decided to mess with it today. I seen that it had a sw64 switch a couple hours ago, but doesnt see it now. Plus my other receivers ive tried on that cable work, and see switch, but the 4900 doesn't

Just to verify, it's just one cable connected directly to the "satellite in" port on the receiver, right? No separators or splitters or anything else in the mix? What does your other receiver say next to "switch"?

the 4900 is probably toast. Since they are being phased out, you should be able to get it replaced with a 311

Its one cable connected directly to sat in port for the 4900. when i hook up 625 it see's a 1k.2 with seperator

It was working about 4 months ago. Then it couldn't find the satellites one day. So I unplugged and put in closet. Today i got it out hooked it back up and just let it search for the sat's. It found 119 transponder 18 with a progress of 1 and thats as far as it got. I did the switch test and after that it lost the switch and havent been able to find since.

Dish Pro Plus will work with legacy equipment, without the use of a DP adapter.

If the other receiver works in that same spot, I suspect that the receiver has failed

Do you know what on the circuit board makes the receiver see the switch. Maybe a resistor has gone bad, or is it not that simple????

ok, i sent pm, also as i was watching the screen i noticed that on transponder 16 it would catch a signal for about half a second. It would go up to about a 50 reading and drop off. Something really wierd is going on with this dam thing.

i am going to unplug and look at it tomorrow, its getting late here. Thanks for everybodys help. Hopefully i can get it up and running tomorrow. I am going to climb tower and check connections on the dish itself.

Yep, checked connections and nothing is working. Still doesnt see switch or signal. Is there a schematic for the 4900 to maybe look at the circuits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts