DISH receiver fee question

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Ok, after reading BFG's fee schedule again, I am a bit confused still on what DISH SHOULD BE charging me and what THEY ARE charging me.

I have 2 leased 622's and an owned 942. They are currently charging me:
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.0
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.0
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 5.0 (Not sure why it's $5.00 and not $6.00)

I think they should only be charging me for 2 leased receivers, and they should be $6.00 each, and the 942 should be no fee.

This is what I believe it should be:
Owned 942 = No fee
#1 Leased 622 = $6
#2 Leased 622 = $6
Total = $12

Is that correct?

Last edited:
My understanding is dish charges existing customers a lease fee for the first box even though they do not for new customers. Maybe you can call in and request the 942 as your primary receiver.

The additional receiver fee for pre-VIP hardware is $5.

Last edited:
One of the leased 622's is now the primary receiver on the account. (That lets their system give you the new metal HD package) The 942 is an additional receiver now (even if it used to be the primary or only one before) so the fees are correct.

After calling DISH and questioning the charges, I was told that this fee;
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 5.0
was for not having a receiver hooked up to a phone line. It is NOT an additional receiver fee( the ACCESS makes it different).
Well, they are ALL hooked up, and for some reason it didn't/couldn't dial out. While on the phone we tested and all were hooked up. Got the $5.00 fee back.

CSR also told me I should not be charged a monthly fee for the owned 942 receiver, because it is the PRIMARY receiver on the account.

Just thought I would follow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts