What Dish receivers have this option?

Thanks,
Bruce

BruceE said:
What is DishComm? How does it work?
What Dish receivers have this option?

Thanks,
Bruce
dishcom means your irds communicate with eachother back to dish without phoneline

no irds at this time have dishcomm yet

Dishcomm

BruceE said:
What is DishComm?
I believe the first time DishComm was thrown around, it was going to be some internet option that worked with the dish receiver. I know that is no longer being looked at right now.

If I remember correctly, the ViP series receivers, along with the 942 HD DVR, all have Dishcomm...it just hasn't isn't supported by software...yet, or if ever. Dishcomm communicates with other dishcomm receivers via your homes electric wiring.

stone phillips420 said:
dishcom means your irds communicate with eachother back to dish without phoneline
Almost. They communicate with each other so that only 1 needs a phone line to call Dish.

The 942 was going to have it but someone posted recently that it has an older version that won't work with what will be used.

they work like a built in wireless phone jack. you must have two of these compatible units. only one needs the phone line, the other gets connected through the power cable and not the coax cable. as for the two way sat connection that will not happen unless they get wildblue to make a single dish TV/internet. even then it would mean new boxes and they would be very expensive. two coax cables trans/rec to at least one box. i wonder if my 7200 calls in or when i connect to webtv it sends then? I'll have to ask dishnet tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)