Dish Recommendation for C band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACD

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
Here is my current new setup, now that I have it I realize I cant get what I was looking for when I bought this stuff. It appears that the networks I was looking to get are all on C band.

I have a Pansat 3500s
Fortec star 80
coolsat Ku-LNBF CS-LNBL 60dB gain NF 0.6dB
HH90 motor
Zip 61012

I have it on my roof, but trees are restricting my LOS so I plan to move it later today out into the field where I have a very good LOS arc. Hopefully to pull in G10 so I actually have more than a few PBS stations and a Fox station, the rest are foreign language and useless to us. If I can avoid getting a BUD setup I will, want to keep the cost of the dish setup down.

Finally, if I get a second dish, can the Diseq switch be mounted in a waterproof box outside by the dishes to avoid having more than one cable run? It will be about 110' run between the trees. Also I will be mounting the current dish to a 1" pipe clamped to a 4x4 post buried in the ground. Any thoughts on the current setup let me know as well.

Thanks all.

You will need a 6' or better to reliably get C-Band. Although, there have been experimental projects with dishes as small as 36".

nbc is also on amc4 (fr) 11991 h (sym)20.000 (vpid) 4194 (apid) 4195 (pcr)4195, but it is tricky to get ;) On my pansat i had to use 11988 to get it in, and even on my BUD i am only getting around 65% s.q.

drhydro said:
nbc is also on amc4 (fr) 11991 h (sym)20.000 (vpid) 4194 (apid) 4195 (pcr)4195, but it is tricky to get ;) On my pansat i had to use 11988 to get it in, and even on my BUD i am only getting around 65% s.q.

I can't get NBC-VI. :( I tried the stats you mentioned and got 13% quality which is the most I have gotten.

Looking at a Channel Master 180 and 20* offset C band LNB. Any thoughts?

Sounds good, let us(me) :) know The cost looks good, what did the LNB cost, and is there anything else needed to complete the install?

I just finished moving the dish to a post away from the trees and I can pick up G10. I need to fine tune the dish again, I lost IA8, my reference point.

I got the LNBF from PSB when I tried the microbud thing. If you haven't been to his site you should, he has excellent pricing, shipping, and service.

Click on his name to view his profile. His web address is there.

May need some odds and ends like cable, diseqc switch, and some patience.

This will be my first go at it as well.:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)