Dish Reflectors - non-metal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do not ever recall a dish having only a metallic surface paint. Brand and model anyone???

One of the StarChoice dishes has a painted surface. I remember seeing one that was broken and did not notice any wire mesh inside. It had a grey paint on the reflective surface, and would scratch off it damaged. Now if you do not recall a dish having only a metallic surface paint, I may be incorrect and just did not notice the wire mesh in the fiber material.

With some of the fiber dishes, the reflective surface is a paint coating. As ZandarKoad points out, do not remove the paint coating or you will loose the reflective surface.

I'm very suspicous of this. It's usually embedded inside the plastic of the dish. I own a couple of this kind of dishes. I would think any sort of paint coating would not work reliably and it would be embedded, instead.

I'm very suspicous of this. It's usually embedded inside the plastic of the dish. I own a couple of this kind of dishes. I would think any sort of paint coating would not work reliably and it would be embedded, instead.

Just for the record, I never meant to imply that the dish would not work without it's powder coat. In fact I think it would work exactly the same with or without any coat at all. It's just harder to paint on naked metal than on a powder coat.

I don't think ANY dishes use reflective paint... Not that they couldn't...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts