Dish refuses to allow me to have 2 DVR 942

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adidadi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
This is so frustrating: I want to switch from Voom and Adelphia Moxi to Dish. I only use DVR's and my 2 tv's are High def. Thus I need a 942 in each room. They say NO. 1 per account. What is it with these people; I dislike them already and I haven't even signed up. The same way we watch color TV and not B & W, I only use DVR's since 4 years. I am used to them and only use them. I also watch HD, so obviously I need them both. Why the cruel policy of 1 only. It is obviosly preventing customers from reaching a solution.

Instead of calling them up, go to a local retailer tomorrow, maybe you will have better luck.

adidadi said:
This is so frustrating: I want to switch from Voom and Adelphia Moxi to Dish. I only use DVR's and my 2 tv's are High def. Thus I need a 942 in each room. They say NO. 1 per account. What is it with these people; I dislike them already and I haven't even signed up. The same way we watch color TV and not B & W, I only use DVR's since 4 years. I am used to them and only use them. I also watch HD, so obviously I need them both. Why the cruel policy of 1 only. It is obviosly preventing customers from reaching a solution.
Did you call 1-800-WOW-HDTV they let me have 2 942'w if I wanted them.

Dish will probably only lease you 1 942, but you can buy extra ones if you want to do so, but I would not recommend too much investment in 942s since MPEG-4 is coming.

I do not see why they would not allow you to buy the additional 942's if your paying full price for them (or find someone with a used one with a clear balance). Try another CSR (play CSR Roulette).

So move on!

You can buy a new one on EBAY if it's that important to you.

I had to buy an 811 because as a former dish customer (left over a year ago)I did not qualify for the VOOMer special. It's their game, you got to play by their rules.

Get this. Called to go back to Dish yesterday, and CSR tells me since I'm a prior customer I MAY NOT even subscribe to the VOOM package ($5). It is only available to NEW customers to Dish! I couldn't believe my ears. She affirmed it again, and I said "that is insane!" I hung up and called another CSR who quickly and efficiently signup me up for the VOOM package along w/HD package, and superstations package.

So it pays to try a different CSR sometimes.

mike123abc said:
Dish will probably only lease you 1 942, but you can buy extra ones if you want to do so, but I would not recommend too much investment in 942s since MPEG-4 is coming.

ive been waiting for voom channels i have hdtv but now am wanting hd channels dish offers i saw you said you can lease the 942 from dish do you know how much it costs to lease it.

thanks for any info

TechCop said:
You can buy a new one on EBAY if it's that important to you.

I had to buy an 811 because as a former dish customer (left over a year ago)I did not qualify for the VOOMer special. It's their game, you got to play by their rules.

Yeah its a crock of .... I was a customer once for 10 days over 4 years ago and I am still considered a customer. D* works the same way, although they are willing to offer something. Only cable will give you the incentives they offer to all new customers.

They lost nothing on me. I had leased the equipment and paid huge fees for install. They lied to me about the cost of adding a third reciever and told me i could do so easily later by just buying a $100 reciever. Then they decided to tell me after i was installed about the 150 switch (price 4 years ago) and how they gave me a twin LNB which would need to be upgraded to a dual LNB at my expense.. I proceeded to cancel my contract within the alloted 15 days (before i was stuck for a year).

Then I had all sorts of trouble with them when i returned the equipment and they didnt log it correctly(luckily UPS had records). They charged me for the equipment and overdrew one of my checking accounts, at christmas time no less. Took my over a year to get the charge reversed. That was after working my way up the chain of command and finally having my laywer call them..

Dish can suck my ..... DirecTV never f'd me, i'll wait for their new birds to go live and sign back up with them. For now CONcast with 2 dvr's is working fine for me..

As many times as I have heard that some existing/former Dish subscribers were not able to order VoOm programming, it makes me think that some CSR's were misinformed if this many are telling customers this. They need to get this fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)