Dish Remote Access Grayed Out

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Is everyone's Dish Remote Access grayed out? I go to my Dish account and I can't click on Dish Remote Access because it is grayed out.

Just got in to remote access, no problems. 722, Firefox 3.6.12, Win 7/64.

Mine is still grayed out as well. Started last night at about 10PM EST. Dishonline also not seeing the 922. Slingplayer for Mac still works as always, so I know the slingbox is OK. Get with it Dish, I'm going to Grandma's house next week and need this to work.

Same here the 922 is grayed out on my DISH account. I called the tech department and they are sending me a replacement receiver. So it isn't just me? Sounds like somebody screwed up on DISH's end. Either way it is the last straw for me with the 922. I am swapping it out for a new 722k from the online retailer I bought the 922 from last May. I feel sorry for all those who are still suffering with the 922 receiver. It truly looks to me that this receiver will NEVER work like it was advertised to do at CES. In the future I am staying away from all DISH receivers with the number 9 at the start. Should of learned from the 921 pvr I had years ago. I think the number 9 line is cursed.

Just checked and the grayed out remote access feature is back working online. I was able to sling my 922 picture to my computer , after many attempts to get it to work. So my 922 didn't need to be replaced after all.

I think everybody with the relevant equipment got all excited by the Sling Adapter announcement and tried it out, hammering the servers to Kingdom Come. (Did I just date myself?)

You can also go to dish.sling.com to get to the 922. This is how I usually do it, but it says it is going away soon and only dishonline.com will be the way.

Mine is also now working again. Looks like they updated the player again on the 17th which is when the problems started. Check the version number at the lower right of the page when the player is running.

There is no problem, this is a FEATURE of the 922!

A feature I will soon be well rid of come next week. I am tired of this "state of the art" p.o.s receiver that I have to pay an extra $4.00 a month to be able to MAYBE use . Come next week I will have a 722k again and if I want to sling something, I can add the adapter and pay NO monthly fee. Looks like the 922 is fast becoming history. An expensive lesson I had to learn once again, after getting burned with the 921 pvr. Stay away from any receiver starting with a 9 or 92_.

Mike are you any relation to Bob Haller? :)

The 922 is alive and well and is just starting to get the push it deserves. :)

No relation , just a disgruntled 922 user. But won't be much longer. Soon the 722k will be my main receiver. The push the 922 deserves should of been 6 months ago before they released it. This box is not ready for primetime and I definitely feel like I was given the old bait and switch routine on promised features , like the web browser and the sling catcher/extender ,that now will never see the light of day. Soon you won't have to read many more rants about the 922. The new 722k will be getting here this week . But I won't be upgrading anytime soon to another new receiver over CES vapor ware promises. Mostly features that you Scott showed in your CES videos. Money is too tight these days to buy another "state of the art" receiver from DISH over what may be features.

Last edited:
No relation , just a disgruntled 922 user. But won't be much longer. Soon the 722k will be my main receiver. The push the 922 deserves should of been 6 months ago before they released it. This box is not ready for primetime and I definitely feel like I was given the old bait and switch routine on promised features , like the web browser and the sling catcher/extender ,that now will never see the light of day. Soon you won't have to read many more rants about the 922. The new 722k will be getting here this week . But I won't be upgrading anytime soon to another new receiver over CES vapor ware promises. Mostly features that you Scott showed in your CES videos. Money is too tight these days to buy another "state of the art" receiver from DISH over what may be features.

OK...we get it. You don't like the 922. I still think it's pretty cool with a lot of potential yet to come. As Scott has hinted many times, I don't think Dish is ditching the 922, and I am looking forward to all the cool things it will do in the future. "Have patience young grasshopper".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)