DISH Remote Access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, in post 2 above, I said that my system is all set up and working perfectly with remote access, except that when I record something in HD using remote access, it gets recorded on an SD channel. The question I asked about getting tech support was in response to stimson saying that he had the same problem as me. For the record, I have two 722's.

Mitch

Remote Access gives you live two-way communications with the HD DVR. You can check to see what you have available to watch and even delete recorded programs.

You can edit existing "timers" to adjust priority, padding (both front and back) and the number of episodes to stack up.

You can review conflicts or just see what's scheduled as well as skipping individual episodes without editing the timer. I use the skip feature a lot during the summer months when the guide data seems to go stupid.

If you have a Slingbox and the web viewing software, you can even watch live or recorded content from your DVR through the same interface.

You must have the HD DVR reachable from the Internet to use these features. The Sling service doesn't work with devices that it can't talk to so the application doesn't cover as much ground as a satellite delivery based setup.

For the supported devices it is arguably better than sitting in front of your TV with the remote.
How is that any different from the way DirecTV does it? I heard others say that Dish's is much better than Direct's.

How is that any different from the way DirecTV does it? I heard others say that Dish's is much better than Direct's.
Please re-read my previous reply carefully and see if you can find any equivalent functionality on the DIRECTV side for the SlingGuide features I detailed. I think you'll find it is overall much better for DISH.

Please re-read my previous reply carefully and see if you can find any equivalent functionality on the DIRECTV side for the SlingGuide features I detailed. I think you'll find it is overall much better for DISH.
Obviously the sling portion is not what I was referring to since Direct does not have a built in sling. I never use their remote access so I was simply inquiring. Aside from the obvious sling difference, is there any other difference?

Same issue

So I have a 722 connected and it says it is connected and I have tested it outgoing and it works great. So I tried to sign up for the remote access at the sling.dish site and it says connecting but never makes it past that. Are the certain ports on my firewall I need to open up for this incoming communication to happen?

You have to go into your receiver menu #6 then,#1, then #8 broadband . There you should see nickname setup #2 and Web activation#3. Follow instructions to do #2 and #3 and you then should be able to sign up for remote access.

You have to go into your receiver menu #6 then,#1, then #8 broadband . There you should see nickname setup #2 and Web activation#3. Follow instructions to do #2 and #3 and you then should be able to sign up for remote access.

If it's a newer receiver with an R01#, you don't see the 2 or 3 menu but it is there. Press 2 to nickname and 3 to activate. Very strange in the way it works but it eventually does work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)