Dish remote code for Toshiba Fire TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tgrfan2

Original poster
Dec 21, 2021
Columbia, SC
Hi! I have been reading some threads while waiting for approval. Great info here. I went back to May and did not see my question answered. I did see the answer for a TCL TV. I hope you all can help me.
I just got a Toshiba 75C350KU and can't find the code for my 54.0 anywhere. I tried all 59 codes for Toshiba, the 24 or so for Hisense and even TCL. I called Dish who made some changes in the menu on my Hopper that didn't help and then referred me to Toshiba. I then talked to a very nice man at Toshiba that gave me an email address for Hisense. I haven't heard from them yet. Everything I have read about this TV leads me to believe it is Hisense inside. I believe this TV went on sale around July so I hope someone has found a code that lets me control this TV's on/off and volume with my Dish remote.
Thanks.

Hi! I have been reading some threads while waiting for approval. Great info here. I went back to May and did not see my question answered. I did see the answer for a TCL TV. I hope you all can help me.
I just got a Toshiba 75C350KU and can't find the code for my 54.0 anywhere. I tried all 59 codes for Toshiba, the 24 or so for Hisense and even TCL. I called Dish who made some changes in the menu on my Hopper that didn't help and then referred me to Toshiba. I then talked to a very nice man at Toshiba that gave me an email address for Hisense. I haven't heard from them yet. Everything I have read about this TV leads me to believe it is Hisense inside. I believe this TV went on sale around July so I hope someone has found a code that lets me control this TV's on/off and volume with my Dish remote.
Thanks.
Were the codes you tried the ones on this sheet?

https://static.helpjuice.com/helpju...5089095-TCL_TV_Remote_Control_Setup_Codes.pdf

or 535? :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
It’s a 540 remote so it will be a 4 digit code. That model TV is not listed in the Hopper remote wizard.
Actually, the way the Dish wizard works I didn't see the code. It just went 1 to 59 and you test for volume change and mute. When I finished, I think I saw a 4 digit code showing on the Hisense or TCL brand, but it didn't work. I will have to check my screenshots when I get back to my laptop. Thanks for your help.

I tried 1291 which I got off another website but it came up as unknown. Hisense 3382 was the last code of the 24 Hisense codes that came up when I chose "finished". I thought I had the last TCL code but I can't find it.
I noticed the soundbar code is 4 digit for sure.
I am going to try my luck calling Hisense this afternoon. I have forgotten my old statistics lessons but the odds of me guessing the four digit code is pretty slim.

Well, I got through quickly on 1.888.935.8880 which turned out to be both Hisense and Toshiba support. I went through a short menu and selected #2 for Toshiba support. The lady, Sasha, was so nice, patient and helpful. It took some time because her information also said it should be a 3 digit code and she gave me 505 to try. When I went back to the screen to manually put in the code there were 4 boxes so I did 0505 to no result. Next she said to try 0178 and a bit of magic! My old Dish remote started controlling the Polk soundbar with optic cable again and will turn the SB off now.
That was good enough for me for now. It does not turn off the TV or control TV volume, but as long as I can control the soundbar volume I am good to go. I can use the Alexa remote to turn the TV off and on until Dish figures this out.
The pairing Wizard came up with codes 1256 and 1704 which did not work. There could be more 4 digit codes in the wizard but I only "finished" three times through the maze. It showed unknown for the TV on #58 of the 59 tries and came up with code 154 which also did not work. I have no idea how the wizard came up with these 3 and 4 digit codes if Dish is still telling Hisense/Toshiba only 3 digit codes are needed.
I have a feeling I will be waiting months for Dish to get this right. The only thing that I have learned for sure is to be careful with this TV. The phone company is finally installing fiber optic on my side of the swamp and I may go with their "package" and goodby to Dish and cellular internet when they get it in place. I will be certain to make sure this TV is compatible with their equipment first though.
If anyone comes up with another code I will be glad to try it but at least I have a patch for now.
Thanks for your help.

You can always teach the commands to the 54.0.
I struggled with a new obscure brand name soundbar connected to small Vizio tv in my kitchen. Not one of those fancy tvs. 720p and has only one hdmi port. it satisfies our needs though. I used an optical cable between joey and soundbar.The soundbar brand name was listed under settings, and there was only one code. I tried two Dish remotes (voice and no voice). It failed. As suggested, I taught the commands by holding Dish and soundbar remotes against each other. On/off feature still failed. But, volume up/down succeeded. I either push power button on soundbar remote or press power button on soundbar, then use Dish's remote to change the volume.

Have you tried the codes under Roku?
No, I haven't. I believe the other thread I read was about a TCL Roku TV though. It is worth a try for sure.
I hope that isn't 59 codes though. I think I ran through close to 200 codes in the Dish wizard yesterday. For an old fellow not used to punching that many buttons that was tough!

I struggled with a new obscure brand name soundbar connected to small Vizio tv in my kitchen. Not one of those fancy tvs. 720p and has only one hdmi port. it satisfies our needs though. I used an optical cable between joey and soundbar.The soundbar brand name was listed under settings, and there was only one code. I tried two Dish remotes (voice and no voice). It failed. As suggested, I taught the commands by holding Dish and soundbar remotes against each other. On/off feature still failed. But, volume up/down succeeded. I either push power button on soundbar remote or press power button on soundbar, then use Dish's remote to change the volume.
That sounds like where I am. The soundbar we have is a Polk DSB1 that we bought from the Dish installer as a "deal" when we got Dish. I didn't realize it wasn't HDMI capable until too late. I would have to get a longer optical cable to connect to the Hopper. I guess the Hopper has an optical connection.
I couldn't get it to work with the new TV and 54.0 until I got the 0178 code from Toshiba to manually enter. I might try teaching the remote as recommended but right now I can live with using three remotes so long as they work somehow. I can still remember when I was young and I was the remote for my parents!

when I was young and I was the remote for my parents!
Love that comment.
Yes, you can have three remotes laying around. Having just one would be very ideal .Harmony remotes are excellent, but very pricey. I had couple Universal brand remotes many years ago with cable service. They were not expensive, but would work with anything. I wonder if they are still sold.

No, I haven't. I believe the other thread I read was about a TCL Roku TV though. It is worth a try for sure.
I hope that isn't 59 codes though. I think I ran through close to 200 codes in the Dish wizard yesterday. For an old fellow not used to punching that many buttons that was tough!
My mistake, I forgot it was Fire TV. Have you tried the Learning function using the original remote?

I have tried that with volume up and down and on/off. Remote control settings for TV went from unknown, 178 to unknown + Learned,178. Unfortunately the 54.0 did not start working the TV. It does still work the Polk soundbar though so I can live with this for now.
I still like the TV. It has a much better picture and speaker system than my old plasma and we were lucky it popped up on a real deal 3 days after we ordered a "name brand" for well over twice the price that luckily wasn't available all of a sudden.
I started to fine tune the picture and the wife said to leave it alone. I can say this Toshiba pleased her right out of the box.
Hopefully a good code will show up soon, but we are finally getting fiber optic from our phone company in a few weeks. I may be starting the whole process with a new system.
Thanks for your help.

Does your TV remote have a voice button on it? If so, it might be a bluetooth (RF) remote instead of an IR remote. Fire Sticks come with bluetooth remotes.

Does your TV remote have a voice button on it? If so, it might be a bluetooth (RF) remote instead of an IR remote. Fire Sticks come with bluetooth remotes.
I think the FireStick Bluetooth remote control is version 5.0. The distance is pretty good. I use my FireStick remote control in my mancave garage to FireStick attached to TV in my great room. It is about 40 feet away and signal gets thru a thick wall.

Yes it has. In fact I turn it on and off using the Alexa function most of the time. I adjusted the TV stand as low as possible because the TV is so tall and heavy. The soundbar is in front of it. I believe the soundbar is blocking the on/off signal sometimes depending on my position. It is weird. I can adjust the TV volume with the "Tosiba Firetv" remote in any position, but to turn the TV on and off with the on/off button I have to be close enough to the TV to angle over the soundbar.
Unfortunately getting close and on the same angle doesn't work with the Dish 54.0.
This remote looks just like my other Fire TV remotes except that the older ones only read "Toshiba" without "firetv" underneath. All of them have the same placement of the keys.
In fact, I have an old TCL TS 8011 Soundbar in my office with the exact remote except for having "TCL" instead of some variation of Fire TV remote on it. It is connected to a 32" Toshiba Fire TV. These work with the Dish remote fine. It is HDMI though and I have the soundbar connected to HDMI CEC and the Joey to HDMI 2.
I appreciate all the help. I don't know what is going on with this "Hybrid" TV. I do remember now that I asked Sasha if there was a comparable Hisense model to this Toshiba. She asked me to hold again. That is when she came back with the 0178 code to try that finally got the Polk soundbar to work with the 54.0 again.
Could the on/off on the Fire remote be IR and the other functions RF? I have to aim the Fire remote at the bottom of the TV to turn it on and off, but I can "aim" the remote anywhere to control the other functions. This is way over my head! I come from an era where a good hammer, baling wire and duct tape fix everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts